Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Schmidt
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked the card list FAQ on the Twilight Creations website but this question wasn't there. Can you pick all health and life tokens while "Alternate Food Source" is in play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
All the card says is that zombies don't attack. It says nothing about preventing item pickups. No need to read further into the card than necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. It's an alternate food source for the zombies, not the humans. You can still munch on those yummy hearts you find lying around.

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmidt
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I posted this question, I thought that I had read in the rules that you couldn't pick up a heart/bullet token if a zombie was in the same square. So after I read your answers, I went back to check that I wasn't assuming something that wasn't there.

"If a player moves onto a space containing a life or bullet token with no zombie, the token is immediately added to that player's collection."
-From the Zombies!!! rules - 4th point under Player Movement

I should've checked back there first, but to me this is saying that you are not able to pick up tokens if a zombie is present in the same square. However...

"As we have always said since day one, use the rules you like and disregard the ones you don't."
-From the Zombies!!! 3.5 rules

...everyone is aloud to play their own way, but I think that the printed rules suggest that you cannot grab tokens while a zombie, attacking or not, is in the current square.

-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Good call! I hadn't considered the case when a zombie was standing in the token's square. Although I've certainly tweaked this game plenty, I'll append my earlier comment to agree with the rulebook, disallowing a pickup in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed! Sorry, I wasn't clear on the original question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cynthia
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I think the tile pickups are supposed to be available in order to replenish, this is where the placement of bullets or life tokens becomes somewhat strategic lest your opponent combats and picks up tokens (placing tokens with zombies behind tokenless zombies can attract a player to combat but may end up in the town square if not winning).

I am a bit confused now, so is the proposal that tokens can only be picked up once a zombie is taken? this throws the combat if with a z before rolling into question as well as when do you pick up a token?

cheers sinderbug nuclear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Johnson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SliverXII wrote:
I checked the card list FAQ on the Twilight Creations website but this question wasn't there. Can you pick all health and life tokens while "Alternate Food Source" is in play?

http://www.twilightcreationsinc.com/zombies/faq.php?expansio...

When do you pick up the tokens?
You pick up the tokens as soon as you land on the space unless there is a zombie there, then you have to kill it first (unless Alternate Food Source is in effect, and then you just pick it up and move on if you want).
Source: Kerry June 16, 2005

You can pick up a token (or use the helicopter) if you move to the space and there is no zombie stopping you. If there was no zombie on the space, there clearly isn't one stopping you. If you succeed in combat against a zombie, it won't be stopping you. And if it is only interested in "BRAAAAAANN!", it won't be stopping you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Stevens
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Games: Design 'em, rewrite 'em, play 'em!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I assume that while this card is in effect the following is true:

1) you do not have to stop movement when a zombie is in a square, you can just pass through.
2) You can pick up an item in the same square as a zombie
3) Zombies still move as per normal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott W
United Kingdom
Scotland
flag msg tools
mb
I'm interested in a consensus for this card too. My friends all insist that when someone plays the card, the game is essentially shut down for an entire round since 'because you can't attack zombies, you can't enter any squares containing zombies'. I argue in favour of being allowed to bypass zombies but they're not for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
scottmw90 wrote:
I'm interested in a consensus for this card too. My friends all insist that when someone plays the card, the game is essentially shut down for an entire round since 'because you can't attack zombies, you can't enter any squares containing zombies'. I argue in favour of being allowed to bypass zombies but they're not for it.

In the iOS app for this game, it allows you to move through the Zombies. The games plays as normal, it just means when you move in a zombies space you donor have to fight them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.