Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirill Gil
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone,

I am the Manager of Uncle's games at the crossroad location. I love German board games, that is why I would love to see more o them in my and Redmond stores which. I need suggestions of which games you think are good, or you were looking for. I will follow up on any leads you might give me... So here is your chance to make a difference.

Thank You

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

What do you carry now? Is there a website where the current inventory may be browsed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question! (You might need to rephrase the header to get attention though -- it sounds like a question about portability rather than retail.)

I live in the other Washington (DC), so don't know much about your demographics, but since I noticed that you're in a mall and sell kids games, let me suggest some hard-to-find-in-retail-stores games for children that have been huge hits among my friends and that are the kinds of games gamers would enjoy playing with the kids in their lives.

My short list of board games would be: Gulo Gulo, Chicken Cha Cha Cha, Break the Safe, Mago Magino, Ingenious, Blokus, and Spooky Stairs (aka Geister Treppe -- and definitely stock the Ghost-in-the-Bottle expansion). I think Akaba might also sell, but I've never played it. As for card games, Guillotine has been a big hit for the 8 and up crowd, especially boys. Sleeping Queens has been a hit with 5-8 y.o. girls. Sherlock, Richochet, Blink, and Rat-a-Tat Cat should all be in the mix as well. Wrt dice, Pickomino is worth carrying, and Cosmic Cows (kniffel duel) attracts attention/interest from kids when they see it in play and it's easy to explain to parents (Yahtzee as a tug-of-war). Wordigo is a great, scalable/handicappable word game that can be hard to find and which is good for multi-age kids or adults to play together.

Personally, in a retail environment like yours, I'd handle the kids' games by trying to establish yourselves as a place where you can always find a good/unique/age-appropriate birthday present. Train your staff to know which games work for which ages/interests -- signage might help as well.

I'll leave the grown-up suggestions to others. Just wanted to make sure that kids ended up in the mix.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Stubbs
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Expanding on Sue's list of games for kids - I'd also toss in Wooly Bully, Pack of Flies, Killer Bunnies and Apples To Apples Junior.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Stubbs
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about the more adult/teen-oriented games and, given that you're in a mall will lots of walkthrough, I'd recommend:

World of WarCraft (pricey but I bet you could sell two or three of them), Mall of Horror, Deflexion, Dungeon Twister, Ra, and Wits & Wagers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.