Atlas & Zeus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about battling. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joey Whitney
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I have a question about battling in this game. HOW DO YOU DO IT? The rules sheet I got with the game explains everything else about the game, but never once mentions battling. Could someone clue me in as how to do this? This looks like a really cool game, if I just knew this one little bit about the game. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quite fond of this game, but I agree that this could have been spelled out more explicitly in the rules.

The only way to engage in battle is play one of your three CRAB Metamorphosis cards. When played, your opponent's characters are removed on any and all islands where the sum of the numbers on your character tiles is greater than your opponent's sum. Nothing happens on any island where your sum is equal to or less than your opponent's. The WEAKNESS card is only useful when played before a CRAB card in the round, reducing your opponent's strength totals.

The HARPOON is a straightforward attack between adjacent islands and is good for eliminating the high-numbered characters.

Other than that, you'll have to use some clever play to persuade your opponent to nap in the sea bed. VOLCANIC ERUPTION has two parts. It's an easy pick if your opponent is sitting on an island. However, it can be additionally devestating if your opponent has characters on an island between the volcano and an occupied 1-Character island. They will also be eliminated as they cannot move away. (See the VOLCANIC ERUPTION card description.) Finally, good use of TIDAL SURGE, TIDAL WAVE, or a well-placed NET can ensure your enemies take the final plunge. Just keep in mind that a FOG can just as easily ruin those plans.

Don't forget your surfboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.