Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Saturday afternoon, I (Alan), Alex, Kitsune and Louis played a game of Vegas Showdown.

The "PR Scandal" event came out in the first turn. I opened by bidding 9 on Slots, but was nevertheless overbid. Not being allowed to do Publicity, I got a Lounge instead.

After some turns, I got a cheap Buffet, but couldn't build it because I hadn't got a Restaurant. (Having spent some money on a Lounge, but not getting additional income because the Slots were always being contested, didn't help.) The Buffet sat on the bench for many turns before I eventually got around to buy a Restaurant.

I got the first Night Club for cheap, but was dismayed to flip the "Ad Campaign" event on the next turn, on which I was left out (having spent my money on the Night Club).

Near the end, I got the Space-Age Sports Books, but upon reflection I probably over-paid for it.

Kitsune won in the end. He didn't complete his hotel, but he got both the Dragon Room and the Five-Star Steak House, and won first place for both Revenue and Population!

Louis ended up in 4th place. His play was okay for a first-timer.

Alex got the Theater, but could only get 3rd place. I got 2nd place for scoring more for red corners than him. Both of us got the full 13 points for completion.

I couldn't get any Slots, but got two Sports Books, and one each of Table Games, High Rollers Room, and Space-Age Sports Book. I thought I should be getting first place with 17 Revenue, but Kitsune beat me by a point or two.

So Kitsune won, without a Theatre nor a Night Club. I was probably hurt by not having the prerequisites for the Fancy Slots (cheap red corners), and failing to get any Fancy Restaurants (and thus, not having the prerequisite to go for the Steakhouse). And by missing out on both Ad Campaigns!

Vegas Showdown is, more than a game of bidding and tile placement, a game of timing and cashflow. The game is won by the player who spends his money most wisely to get the best-bargain premier tiles (and their prerequisites!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.