Popular Tags: [View All]
Reuven Fischer
United States
Bala Cynwyd
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I know the box say "for 2 players"...
Yes I know Le Havre proper plays Solo very well...

BUT in playing through the game myself to then teach to my son, I saw there is a pretty cool Solitaire puzzle in the box that requires very little changes to the base rule set.

Set up the game as normal.

For each lettered section, divide the actions number by 2. For rounds where the start player would get an extra turn, (round up) take an extra turn. (Example... for section A, there are 3 action, You take two. For section B, there are 3 actions, you take 1)

When you complete the first player board (after round F), move all your building on to the corresponding section on the second player board. (For example the building between F-E, go on the space between l-k. buildings between e-d go on the space between k-j, etc...)

That's basically it. As there is no player 2, you CAN'T use player 2 building for a franc obviously.

Total your score as normal.

On my first game I scored 243, My second game I tried a different strategy and only scored a pitiful 173.

Not bad as solitaire puzzle. I'm sure I can beat my 243
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds interesting, but I don't like the idea that you get blocked out of buildings that you don't personally build. Maybe you could add a rule that for a coin you can use an unbuilt building as if it were value 2 on the opposing wheel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Casaril
Italy
Tortona
Alessandria
flag msg tools
I found this blog page
http://spontaneousderivation.com/2013/03/10/le-havre-the-inl...
describing the solo variant with photos and i think that could be appreciated.

Thanks @ everybody for the rules !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Gruven_reuven wrote:
Yes I know the box say "for 2 players"...
Yes I know Le Havre proper plays Solo very well...

BUT in playing through the game myself to then teach to my son, I saw there is a pretty cool Solitaire puzzle in the box that requires very little changes to the base rule set.

Set up the game as normal.

For each lettered section, divide the actions number by 2. For rounds where the start player would get an extra turn, (round up) take an extra turn. (Example... for section A, there are 3 action, You take two. For section B, there are 3 actions, you take 1)

When you complete the first player board (after round F), move all your building on to the corresponding section on the second player board. (For example the building between F-E, go on the space between l-k. buildings between e-d go on the space between k-j, etc...)

That's basically it. As there is no player 2, you CAN'T use player 2 building for a franc obviously.

Total your score as normal.

On my first game I scored 243, My second game I tried a different strategy and only scored a pitiful 173.

Not bad as solitaire puzzle. I'm sure I can beat my 243

I like it Rueven! I tried your solitare rules twice today. Scored 200 in my first attempt, and 241 in my second attempt. Certainly a great way to get familiar with the buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
This is great!

My wife won't play this game for me, she doesn't like how the warehouse board operates, so I was excited to see this.

On my first attempt I got 228. Would have 233 but I had a forced sale of one 10 point building at the end.

I'm going to let it sit for a week and try again to see what I come up with. I think if I were to play a few times in a row I would find myself with too much AP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls