Subject: A Fist Full of Indy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hector Irizarry
United States
Unspecified
Alabama
flag msg tools
This is not really a variant, but a deviation that does not change anything, but the way decisions are made.

In the rules states that an empty fist means you stay in the cave; I think it should be the opposite. Like in gambling you pass, so you don't show for the next bet. For me sounds more logical: empty fist pass, and go back to camp; if Indy shows that means that the player is betting for more and stay in the cave. By the way I'm beginning to call Indy's "Indeeples"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Hector, I always explain the rules as a man in the fist meaning he's running back to camp. The phrase "running man," which I repeat several times like a mynah, sticks in their heads, and they know the man in hand means they're leaving the cave.

Whatever works for you -- just be sure to tell people that you're playing the opposite of the rules in case they encounter others who play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Irizarry
United States
Unspecified
Alabama
flag msg tools
Henry Rhombus wrote:
Hector, I always explain the rules as a man in the fist meaning he's running back to camp. The phrase "running man," which I repeat several times like a mynah, sticks in their heads, and they know the man in hand means they're leaving the cave.

Whatever works for you -- just be sure to tell people that you're playing the opposite of the rules in case they encounter others who play the game.

Don't worry. I always explain what is in the rule, and let them choose the best way for them. I can add that I ask them to start with their hands under the table, or behind their back before showing their fist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.