Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Heroscape. Some people like it, some people don't. In my opinion, I like it a lot. So I'm writing (or typing) a reveiw about this game that we all know and love.

The first day you get it:

The first day you get it, it's wise to open the box right away. If you don't know the rules, you should read them, so that you can explain to your friends about it. If you want to play the boring, no special power, and one hit kill game, then the basic rules are for you. If you want to play the real deal, read the master rules. Then you can look through the book full of cool fields, or build one of your own.

Playing the game:

The basic game is very simple. Walk around, kill opponents monsters. But the master game is a lot different. In my opinion, I like the master game best. The rules for the master game are simple when you remember them, but if you don't, it's good to read the rulebook, or just ask a friend. There are lots of rules for the master game, so it is good to remember them.
-Draft your army with the points that you have left from the max point total. Points are on the army cards.
-Put your army in the starting zones, and place the black marker on the time track, to keep track of how much rounds are left.
-Then, you place order markers on your army cards, to tell you who you are using in that round. There is a 1,2,3, and X, a decoy to fool your opponent. You get three turns in a round, corresponding to the order markers. Next, players roll the 20 sided die, the highest roller going first, then play goes clockwise.

On your turn:

On your turn, you flip over your decoy marker, then one by one flip your order markers and take your turns with your army cards that had the order markers, going 1, then 2, then 3.

The army card:

The army card tells what you can do with your figure(s) on that card can do.
Move- The maximim spaces your figure(s) can move to
Range- The maximim amount of spaces the figure(s) have to have between them to attack
Attack- How much attack die you roll when the figure(s) is attacking
Defense- How much defense die you can roll when defending an attack from an opponent
Life- How much damage the figure can withstand until dieing

Ok, I've been talking about rules for too long. I just stated some of the most basic rules of the master game, but if you want to know the rest, read the rulebook.

Expansion Packs:

Expansion packs add a lot of different variety to the game, so it's good to go out and buy them. It's a matter of opinion to buy more sets or not.

Special powers:

Every figure in the master game has special powers, which makes the game more interesting and very strategic. Make sure to read these, because they can change the game a lot.

The reveiw part:

I like this game a lot, the rules are simple and there are barely any problems with the rules. I like the battle system a lot, and the posibilities of the fields are endless. 10/10. This game is fun I think.
Thanks for reading! This is my first time writing a reveiw, so it might not be as great as all the other reveiws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.