United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
In a recent game (my first), the 9'th slot was covered by a governor and I had built my 7th palace in that city. After scoring the game was over due to at least one person building their last palace. All is well with the world. (I hope)

Now say I hadn't built my last palace. The 2nd endgame rules states:

...it ends after scoring has been conducted in the game turn when one of the governors is placed in box '10' on the governors track.

In the example above, say I built my next to last palace in the turn when a governor was covering the 9th slot. After scoring, the bottom governor is moved to the 10th slot and we'd play another round and score correct?

The question came up that we had scored in the turn when the governor was placed on the 10th slot so the game was already over. I thought we would have played another round since I think moving the governor to the 10th spot begins the round not ends it and the game ends after scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Moving the governor up to the top of the track is the FIRST thing you do in a turn (just like you did on turn one), not the last, as your opponents seem to be saying. So yes, you should have played out turn ten. (And you probably would have been able to build your last palace.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.