Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Francois Charette
Canada
Montreal
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too i had this problem and i fix it without plexi or anything else.

I put the board parts upside down flat on the table for a couple hours
and additionnaly i put a pressure (massage) on each of the three parts of the three boards at the opposite side of the warping,just do it a couple of time and you will have perfect flat boards.
hope this help cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this, but it only worked decently for one board; the others sprang back to full warp. I also nearly had a nasty tear in one near the fold, so be very cautious and brace it well before bending (common sense, I know).

I'm debating putting the boards face down on four 2x4s and weighting them in the middle (using books). Should work without putting extra pressure on any seams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris duff
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I cut up my board along the seams and mounted them on 9mm MDF. Works great and now the board is not only big but thick aswell and no way its going to warp. It did cost some money though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Blayney
Canada
Smiths Cove
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Birdwatcher & Birdeater
mbmbmbmbmb
yut-yau wrote:
I cut up my board along the seams and mounted them on 9mm MDF. Works great and now the board is not only big but thick aswell and no way its going to warp. It did cost some money though.

Hmmm, I like this idea. Must give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Markiw
United States
Munhall
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
What is MDF? I recently bought RRT and while board warping isn't a problem for me yet, I'm concerned that it could be eventually. I'm keeping my eye on all the posted "fixes" I can find to see what might work best for me if it becomes necessary.

Thanks,
-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very thick. I mount (laminate) all my wargame paper maps on 1/8" masonite. It's very light. Be sure to ask the people doing the work to take special care in making sure that the connecting edges be a perfect 90 degrees because some will round the edges and believe me, you will be pissed! Personnally, I would mount the whole sections, not just the individual squares, unless you really want them to fit back in the box. I do not have a warping problem but thought that this might help.

Christian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.