Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bryan vlastelica
United States
Canyon Country
California
flag msg tools
mb
My first post on this site so here goes nothing.
I stumbled upon this game at my local game store, the dragon naturally demanded the attention of any self respecting geek.
My GF was with me at the time, drooling over the artwork. She and I had played a few games of Warhammer Quest so we had a good idea what it would be like. Well, I made the purchase and nearly overdrew my bank account (the store owner had 'forgotten to add tax' (his words)).

Finally found some time to play, roughtly 2 hours before I had to go to work, so I was hopefull that we could get a session in. HA!
I was the Overlord and she and her brother played 1 character each. She drew Shilluette and her brother drew that one guy with the fox familiar.

Whilest I set up scenario 1 they went shopping and bought a bow (his), crossbow (hers), leather armor (hers), chain mail (his) and some potions.

While I don't remember the exact details (i'm at work right now) but i do remember facts.

Fact: I could have killed them both off, easily. But I split my attacks so as to bring them down to 1 and 3 health points left.

her brother had made it to the first glyph wehn i played trapmaster and then preceded to play spiked pit on my gf (who had 3 health). She got rather upset that I was actively trying to kill them (i tried to stay out of that argument as much as possible) So first time she rolled the power die for the trap it FLEW off the table. On the second roll she got a blank and I let it slide.
When they went to town they spent nearly all their money on potions (there isnt a way to heal in town without using potions is there?)
whihc meant good news for me, not only did they fail to heal fully, but it stopped them from buying other equipment.

After they came back they killed the hellhounds i had spawned in area 1. They opened the door to area3 when i hit her brother with a door trap and stunned him . So guess what, she closed that door after i set up the new area, and OPENED the door to area 2 (i giggled). Whilst i began to spawn sorcerors they came up with a new plan of attack. Open the door, shoot with their ranged weapons, then close the door again. So far they've taken down a skeleton and 2 hell hounds from area 2 and that's where we left off.

Monsters can't open door if i remember right, is this true?

Sunday night i'll be able to finish the session we left standing on the table. I'm thinking i'll back off with my existing monsters towards the silver chest in area 2 adn draw them in, and spawn somehting behind them in area 1 so as to prevent their cautious tactics. I'll make another post when the scenario has played itself out.
(ps heros HATE aim and dodge cards with a vengance)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Taatgen
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swissjak wrote:

Oh, yes they can! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
swissjak wrote:

They cannot open rune-locked doors, nor can they open doors to unexplored areas. All others are fair game.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.