United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baker City, Oregon.
Pizza Hut.
Two days before Christmas, traveling.

As we sat down we noticed the art work on the walls of the Pizza Hut. There are pizza ingredient paintings, very stylish ones. We agree that they would make nicer Mamma Mia cards than the actual ones. Really, they would. Pizza Hut should sell a version of Mamma Mia using that artwork. That would be just too cool.

Not having Mamma Mia on me, while waiting for food I asked if anyone wanted to play Cinq-O. My daugher and wife thought it was a great idea, so we started. Score was kept on the free Tidbits paper, "The Neatest Little Paper Ever Read(R)".

Round 1: Me 12, Daughter 7, Wife 3

Early lead for me. Woo-hoo!

Suddenly, the waitress walked up with a Play-doh-like substance for the kids. My daughter decided to drop out of the game. That was quick.

Round 2: Me 18, Wife 7
Round 3: Me 30, Wife 27

In the 3rd round my wife managed to pull in 20 points with a 10 point score and 2x multiplier. Now it was getting interesting.

Round 4: Me 33, Wife 37

Aaah! She's ahead!

Round 5: Me 36, Wife 38

Wow, only 3 points for me and 1 for her. Crappiest round ever.

Round 6: Me 51, Wife 46

Woo-hoo! I'm ahead again!

Round 7: Me 63, Wife 49

Around this time the kids spotted Santa Claus. He was at the counter picking up some pizzas. He appeared to be in a great hurry, which is understandable just two days before Christmas. The kids didn't want to disturb him when he must be so busy. They were impressed that he would eat pizza from the same Pizza Hut as us. This obviously reinforced their favorable impression of our parental wisdom.

Round 8: Me 75, Wife 61
Round 9: Me 85, Wife 67

Alright, I'm pulling ahead. Victory is close.

Round 10: Me 88, Wife 88

Crap.

About now the waitress comes by for drink refills and notices that we're playing. She asks about the game. We tell her what it is, how fun it is when passing the time in restaurants, etc, etc. Then we tell her to get back to work, she's not being paid to play games! Okay, not really. But she thought it was interesting.

Round 11: Me 98, Wife 91

The tension is so thick, you can cut it with a knife. Fortunately, we have some knives, this being a restaurant and all.

Round 12: Me 122, Wife 106

Boo-yah!!! Ha ha ha!

Pizza's here. Let's eat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.