flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Session Report: Tower of Babel
Players: Mike, Wei Ming, Terence, Gladys, Shealin,

This is the first game for everyone else other than Gladys and me, who played it recently during a gaming session with the regular gamers over X’mas. Everyone picked up the rules quickly, especially after the first build. I also warned everyone that building the second disk on a wonder would usually result in the next player picking off the last disk and picking up a power card

After the first two players passed, the building started in earnest, with the value 3 disks being built first. After the first round of building, all the wonders were at 2 tokensI generally bid as high as I could and did not use the trading card. In this way I managed to get at least one token onto the initial wonders, and claiming a majority on the first. The second wonder went badly for me- I was tied for first with another player and lost quite a few potential points there. The next few monuments went well for me- I claimed majority on most of them and managed to get 2 power cards. I had quite a lead on the VP track by this time but I was very wary of the pile of tokens which Shealin was accumulating. Shealin also managed to play the 2 turns in a row power card near the end to end a wonder and claim another power card.

Final Score (Name: Score /tokens):
Mike: 50 (2/1)
Wei Ming: 60 (2/1)
Terence: 64 (1/1)
Gladys: 56 (4)
Shealin: 50 (2/2/1/1)

I had a huge shock when I saw that Gladys had managed to accumulate 4 tokens under my nose! I had been quite dismissive of the token collection strategy at first, but seeing those 4 purple tokens certainly gave me cause to rethink my position!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.