Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a fact which I suppose should be emphasized more: History of War is NO classical TradingCardGame. In HoW there are no rarities which make other cardgames so money-draining. In HoW you EVER know which cards are in each set you are purchasing and so you only need to buy each set four times - and then you own all the cards of the edition four times. No more booster grabbing and searching for the Tiger I or Pershing or the Yamato! Each set is visible on the website of HoW in details:

http://home.historyofwar.de/index.php?module=PostWrap&page=h...://www.historyofwar.de/how_decks_ext.php

or just

http://www.historyofwar.de/how_decks_ext.php

I know, there are many players out there who love the booster-grabbing-and-searching-for-the-holy-grail-feeling. But HoW is for players who have limited money available and who want to know what the hell they are purchasing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
For over 40 years I've been enjoying gaming with great people.
mbmbmbmbmb
Konwacht wrote:
...I know, there are many players out there who love the booster-grabbing-and-searching-for-the-holy-grail-feeling. But HoW is for players who have limited money available and who want to know what the hell they are purchasing.

Well said.

History of War is about the GAME not "collecting."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
In HoW you EVER know which cards are in each set you are purchasing and so you only need to buy each set four times - and then you own all the cards of the edition four times

Why should I buy each set four times? Can't I just buy one set of each? I am considering to buy this game and this phrase makes me wonder now.

alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, you only need four packs of one set if you want to play with the standard-play-format "Strategy". At the beginning just purchase the africa box or simply one set of the axis african starter and one set of the allies african starter. These sets are well balanced and make really fun to get started into HoW. If you like the game you can expend it by buying more and other sets - but you always now what you will get

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So is the Africa the way to go for novices?

Or should I get an Axis and an Allies starter plus boosters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.