The Game of Life» Forums » Rules

Subject: regular gamr of life ( I dont hav simpsons version) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
barbara mack
United States
New York
flag msg tools
If you dont own a house do you stil have to pay when you land on the orange spots that say stuff like...."a tree hit your house, or you have been flooded...pay ex amount of money if not insured"
does this apply to you if you do not own a houwe? According to directions...you must do what orange spaces tell you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the games I've played with my nieces and nephews, buying a house was required, not an option. Are you allowed to not buy a house?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Buying a house is mandatory, if I recall correctly.

Btw...moving this to the normal Game of Life entry.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barbara mack
United States
New York
flag msg tools
buying a house is not required....but I would think it would interest you to do so so you can get insurance to protect you from the orange spaces with tree fallings, tornados, etc. I guess no one knows the ancwer to the original question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
cookbookm wrote:
buying a house is not required....but I would think it would interest you to do so so you can get insurance to protect you from the orange spaces with tree fallings, tornados, etc. I guess no one knows the ancwer to the original question

I'm pretty sure it is required - at least in the version I played as a youth.

See those deep red spaces - those are all required, whether you stop on them or pass over them. Buying a house is a red space.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Bowers
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I just bought the game of life and you do not have to buy a house as there is a 2nd space that lets you do so if you have not already or sell the one you have previously bought - i really want to know that now.

I also need to know - If you but a house at the 1st buy a house space and you buy insurance that may be say $15,000 on that house. but then you get to the next buy/sell a house space and sell you house and get a new one that had say $35,000 insurance do you have to buy more insurance? or pay the difference from the 1st house to the second? or pay nothing extra. and it just a bonus if you bought a cheapy to start with?

And also say a player was a doctor and they retire, they then hand over all career, salary and house cards but keep stock and can still collect stock - BUT if the remaining players land on say a orange space with an apple and have to pay $35,000 doctor fee doe sthe player get that money or the bank? cause they've retired right? so you shouldn't have to pay them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.