Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I occassionally use my Palm for looking up stuff on the Geek, either via WiFi or connected through my phone. This worked well with the old geek - it meant using the scroll bars quite a bit, but was quite usable. In fact, I have just confirmed that it still works with the old Geek, using the WayBackMachine cache.

Unfortunately the new site not only doesn't work, it crashes my Palm completely with a "Fatal Exception", requiring a full reset. This is 100% repeatable - it is also something I have never encountered before with any other site.

Any ideas folk? I am not a Palm Geek, so won't be much help with tracking down the specific problem, though I am willing to try, with guidance.

Is anyone else using a Palm? Are you having the same problem, or can you browse the Geek ok? What Palm are you using and which browser? Do you have any browser recomendations?

(I am using a Tungsten C, and the default web browser PalmSource Web Browser v 2.0.0.1)

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a Palm Treo 650 with Blazer and it doesn't crash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a little look around, and don't seem to be able to find anywhere that I can get hold of Blazer. It remember seeing it in the past, but PalmSource say it is no longer available. Can anyone suggest an alternate brower, or a (legal) source for Blazer, if it is available from elsewhere?

On the original topic, I have discovered that if I disable Javascript, it no longer crashes the Palm, and it all displays fine, albeit with a massive menu (not a bad thing, actually, on the Palm).

On another thread, I have pointed out that Firefox is reporting many JS errors with the menu. So I think my Palm problem is also to do with these JS errors - which my freebie Palm browser simply can't cope with.

Not a complaint, though - I thought it a useful observation that what appeared to be two different problems with BGG are probably the same issue, and as the JS errors are clearly visible in Firefox, there is no need for any special Palm diagnosis.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.