Subject: Scotland Yard - Crime does not pay rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Long
United States
Sturgis
Michigan
flag msg tools
Have played this game recently with family. We have yet to have a game where Mr.X wins.

Last night my brother and sister in law came over and not have enough time to play my newly acquired Railroad Tycoon, we pull out this one. I play Mr.X first and and coasting along at about the mid game when I trip up. My son takes a long bus and gets me when I didn't realize the bus went all the way to that stop.

Then my brother in law want to try the thief and does a much better job at it than I do. We do well enough with his first reveal to make him use his 2x ticket and a black ticket. Then at the next reveal we again force him to use hi 2x ticket and a black ticket. But this time he fools us all. Not thinking he would take a bus where he COULD be caught by his wife, I advise his wife to keep in hot pursuit of where we thought he took the underground. Needless to say later on when we found out we went to the wrong area she wasn't to please with my decision. But it was not all for lost because we had kept him in the upper left corner and my son was there to seal off the park pass (the long taxi through the park. SO we could almost force him to stay in that area plus he had no more 2x tickets. So we close in we he made a tactical error. There was one way he COULD get out by just squeaking past me on the corner of the park. But he used two busses at this point and my son (being almost out of taxi's) was still below the park and could catch him if he went that way. To make it simple, we were able to conclude that he DIDN'T go that way and was still in the upper left corner. At that point it was just a matter of sealing him in. His last reveal confirmed this and we closed in for the kill (or nab). He did well getting within five moves of the win.

Over all a very enjoyable experience. This is still one of my favorite games and makes a good game for 'non-gamers'. The coordination and stratagy is just fun. I enjoy playing detective more than thief just because of the fun of trying to force the thief in a certain area and the calculated risks (hunches in detective parlay) that you sometimes have to take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.