Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Puerto Rico: The PC Game arrives January 2006!

THE HIGHEST RATED GAME OF ALL TIME IS NOW ON THE PC

Puerto Rico, the highest rated game of all time*, will be coming to the PC in January 2006. Puerto Rico has set the standard for the modern boardgame and now with Puerto Rico: The PC Game you can play it anytime and with people anywhere.

50 years after Columbus discovered the New World, the island colony of Puerto Rico began to blossom. In Puerto Rico, the players will take on the roles of Prospector, Governor, Settler, Trader, Merchant, Builder, and Craftsman attempting to build the new colony while building their own wealth and reputation. Since its publication, the boardgame Puerto Rico has attracted a passionate following of fans and won countless awards. Now, with Puerto Rico: The PC Game, fans can play solo or against friends online. When playing against the computer, you can set each player’s ability level. You control the speed of the computer turns, so you can play as fast or as slow as you want.

Game Features:

Gameplay for 1 to 5 players
Solo play versus up to 4 computer players, each can be set to its own ability level
3 levels of artificial intelligence (Beginner, Amateur and Professional)
Multiplayer via hot seat, LAN or internet
Includes the expansion set (new buildings) for even more replayability
3-D or 2-D gameplay (you can take a virtual tour of your 3-D colony!)
Easy to follow tutorials and mouse over guides
In-game save feature (you can save a game in progress)

Puerto Rico: The PC Game arrives this January and is developed by Dartmoor Softworks, published by Eagle Games and copyright Ravensburger.

* As rated right here on your BoardGameGeek!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Coker
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keithblume2 wrote:
Puerto Rico: The PC Game arrives January 2006!

THE HIGHEST RATED GAME OF ALL TIME IS NOW ON THE PC

Any chance on a version for us Mac users?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Eric,

Not at present. I will send an e-mail to the developers and see if that is a possibility (they are based in Europe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anti .
Australia
flag msg tools
Will the PC game help you find gamers online?

I normally find players at:
http://www.phial.com/puerto-rico/
(just download the applet and play online )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am verifying this with the developer as well (along the the Mac question). We do have a real time forum (you can see when other people are on-line) on our wesbite that people frequently use to play War Age of Imperialism on-line. There are also some game screen shots in the forum thread right now that I believe will be posted here on the Geek shortly. (http://eaglegames.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=31)

I will create a thread within the Puerto Rico: the PC Game forum to facilitate online games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From the developer about making a version for the Mac. The answer was that if the demand warrants a Mac version they would be happy to do that (Mac users speak up :-) )

And the second question, there is not a host site for the online game so I would recommend using our forum for on-line games and players standing by for the time being.

http://eaglegames.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=31

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Coker
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in as one Mac user ready to buy a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Girling
Scotland
Glasgow
East Renfrewshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Will there be a UK distributor? I just find the extra $30+ to get the game shipped over to the UK prohibitive.

regards

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Dave,

We do not have a distributor rights in the UK so I am afraid the answer is no. One option might be to get a group of friends together (5-10?) and place an order together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g jarrell
United States
carrollton
Georgia
flag msg tools
Will there be an option for dowloading it, for those of us pathetic junkies who simply cannot wait for it to be delivered in the mail?

gorilla1964

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People Play War Age of Imperialism onlinezombie ?
Frequently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It takes all kinds :-)

Right now we do not have a download system set up. I will look into this further to see if demand warrants it. The game is now avaiable on our website (1/24/06) so if you are really impatient you can order it now :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hopefully that did not break BGG etiquette by saying that the game was available. If so, my apologies and let me know and I will edit the reference out of the e-mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon Blaz
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just received my copy for PC, but I am a player who would prefer to play on his PowerBook. Another vote for a Mac version!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dave,

As you may have seen in another thread, we were in fact able to get distribution rights in the UK. Esdevium is our exclusive distributor there, so they are the company that a gamestore should order from. Sorry for the delay in information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Fujishige
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconding the vote for purchasing and downloading.

$15 to Hawai'i is a bit steep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Coker
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keith,

Any word on a Mac version?

Gimme... gimme... gimme!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not really anywhere near a critical mass yet. I will see if I can get something like a p500 system set up so there is a clear idea of how many people need to sign up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.