Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin B
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, you may choose which island to sell your goods at.

Consider the case where one island is Hochland and the other is Fingerhut (low value rubies). Is it acceptable to sell your rubies at Hochland, or must you sell it at the Fingerhut which is designated as a ruby island?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
IIRC, if it is legal to sell goods at both islands then the choice is entirely up to you. You may even sell some goods at one island and some at another, i.e. you do not have to sell all your goods at one island.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Ross
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Note, however, that if you sell your rubies at Hochland you'll be competing with other peoples stashes of non-ruby goods... a situation where you're likely to be trumped by more common goods. The best situation (as suggested above) would be being able to split the group between them and score 5 or 6 points (potentially using the merchant to get the 4 from Hochland). If you have all 4 and only need 2 to score at Hochland, you might even hold one back and milk another 2 out of Fingerhut on the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin B
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I chose rubies as an example because I could remember the name of the roby island, but it could well be any other good. I never realized you could split the goods. I guess the rules say you can choose any island to sell your goods. I will definitely keep this in mind for next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
EvilTimmy wrote:
IIRC, if it is legal to sell goods at both islands then the choice is entirely up to you. You may even sell some goods at one island and some at another, i.e. you do not have to sell all your goods at one island.

What rules "explanation" did you get that interp from? The one's I have access to don't actually state that you can sell at two islands. They only say that you must declare which island you are selling goods at. Which is ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:
What rules "explanation" did you get that interp from? The one's I have access to don't actually state that you can sell at two islands. They only say that you must declare which island you are selling goods at. Which is ambiguous.

Pg 11, in the 4th bullet point of selling: Meuterer - English Rules Booklet v1.pdf

"A player may choose to split one kind of goods between the two ports"

This one is formatted exactly like the original german rules, I believe it's a 1:1 translation.

Also: http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Hilfe/Anleitungen/Meuterer/

"Trading is an important, tactic: you can also split trades. For example if you have five grain cards, you could trade 3 on a '?' island and 2 on a grain island. This way you would proably score the majority on both islands."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can we get that rulebook in .doc or .rtf so it can be printed to suit the user?

I cannot fathom why people publish text in pdf format. Individuals can't afford to rent the damn software so its no more useful than an image of the writing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.