Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you score returned crew? Does the saved crewman also count for "crew accounted" (for a total of 8)? Or does saving the crewman (versus letting him get killed) only get you 2 net points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
I remembered this question when playing twice in the last two days. Odds are slim that anyone knowlegable will see this go through the active game forum list, but I'd also like to know. Originally I had been playing that live, rescued crew gave 5 VP. But re-reading the rules it really does seem like they should count as "Crew Accounted For" (3 VP) plus the 5 VP for live crew. Certainly, the difficulty in both finding and successfully extracting crew members is worth the points, and it is the primary mission, after all. Anyone know the answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The former is correct -- live rescued crew are worth 5 VP while ones in the "accounted for" box are worth 3 VP.

This means that if you lose two marines rescuing one crewmember, you've just barely broken even. It also means that it's pretty hard to win, which is to be expected from a solitaire design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.