Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Date: January 7th, 2006

Game: Geschenkt

Players: Charles, Jean-François, Johnny, Ray and Valdir (myself)

François had to leave us after the game of Power Grid, so we were now five. As for myself, I would have to leave soon as well, so I didn't want to start anything too long. Ra was proposed, but I pushed Geschenkt, as I wanted something really short.

I explained the rules and we started throwing chips on the cards that we didn't want. The first card was a 24, if I'm not mistaken and Ray took it after it had received a little more than ten chips. Once or twice I ran out of chips and had to take a high value card.

In the end all of us had a lot of card in front of us and what made the difference were the sequences that we had. Charles unknowingly played kingmaker, he took the 12 card that Johnny needed to connect his 10/11 pair to his 13. Had Johnny taken that card, he would have been spared 13 negative points and would had won the game...

Final Score
Player: Chips - Cards = Total
Jean-François: 14 - 50 = -36
Johnny: 25 - 68 = -43
Ray: 7 - 56 = -49
Valdir: 7 - 58 = -51
Charles: 0 - 84 = -84
Now, adding up the total chips we don't get to 55, which seems to indicate that someone miscounted their chips.

The comments at the end of this session were that this game is a bit weird, mainly the part that says that the player taking the card has to turn the next one. The consensus was that the following player should do that.

I had to leave, I would meet some friends at my house, so I had to decline their invitation to play Ra. When I took my things and went out, the other guys were getting ready for some heavy bidding in old Egypt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.