Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Dieringer
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Say I end the game with wargames. After I give 6 points to the other player, is that the final score or do you do end game continent scoring?

Thanks
Jon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf The Grey
France
Paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
We just finished our first game with this card. We decided to score all the regions, which seems more interesting but I don't know if we were right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Answered by Jason on CSW. Will probably be in the FAQ when it is ready.

The Game ends imediately when Wargames is played. If the player is at least 7 points ahead, he playes it and wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chemist wrote:
Say I end the game with wargames. After I give 6 points to the other player, is that the final score or do you do end game continent scoring?

Since you didn't reach the end of Turn 10, you don't do final scoring of all continents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samy
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Chaaaarge!!
badge
First Image Ever of a Hydrogen Atom's Electron Cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me the way it's worded in the FAQ still implies the opposite of Jason's ruling (including the latest 3rd edition on CSW http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?233@23.KNavbE82Xqx.0@.1dcfd... ).

In the FAQ:

"Q. If Wargames is played, is there a final scoring?

A. If you don’t reach turn 10, there is no final scoring."

In other words, if I followed this as written, playing Wargames in turn 9 works as intended by Jason's ruling, but playing it in turn 10 doesn't, since I did reach turn 10, so there should be final scoring as the answer implies. It should be changed to one of the following:

A1. If you don't reach the end of turn 10, there is no final scoring, therefore there is never final scoring after Wargames is played.

A2. If you don't reach the final scoring phase, there is no final scoring, therefore there is never final scoring after Wargames is played.

A3. No.

Personally, I like the simple "No".

(Great game, I always dreamed of a card-based Cold War game with lots of event flavour.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.