United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Roger 601
Doug 546
Donna 540
Debbie 405

Silberzwerg hit the table for the fourth week running. New dwarves on the block were Debbie (who had been hungering to play this) and Donna.

I found this to be quite a different game as I tried a few new strategies. About 2/3 of the way through I decided to give up filling jobs and play the gem market. For the first time ever, I let one of my jobs (a 120) decline away to nothing (OK, I did have a bit of help from someone) and paid the -40 penalty. I didn't go out of my way to fill any more jobs, however with the collecting strategy I think I found myself in the right position to fill one more contract. My next personal contract went public just before it was due to decline off the board.

I finally managed to squeeze through to a win with 601 points. The turn before I could only have achieved 596 points.

Still an excellent game, and well received by Debbie and Donna. We seem to be able to zip through a game fairly quickly. I think we all made at least one silly mistake (usually relating to Silver Dwarf placement).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.