Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terence: 21
Marisue: 12

I've long had an interest in time travel, trying to find as many books and movies as possible that use it as their theme. Ever since my wife and I got into the boardgame hobby, I've been on the lookout for a game that uses time travel. Ironically, it was the recent re-tooling of BGG that brought this game to my notice. After looking at it and doing a bit of research on the net, we happened across a copy at our FLGS, Craving for a Game, and picked it up.

This was of course our first playing of the game, which I managed to win. I was a bit surprised that it took us 30 minutes to finish the game (although that included rules instruction, there aren't many of them, so that only took a couple of minutes).

This is definitly a much deeper game than I originally expected it to be. Marisue classified it somewhat as a puzzle type game, which she usually doesn't like. The jury is still out on this game, so more plays are in order to see if opinions change.

I spent the first few turns collecting 4 of one of the goods (we were using glass beads). After a bit of fumbling I finally managed to set things up so that I could connect that good up to the 3 market and sell them for 12 points.

Meanwhile, Marisue was amassing quite the collection of gems. However, she too was struggling to arrange things to be able to sell her goods.

After selling 2 blue gems for a total of 6 points, the game ended a few turns later when I managed to connect the green gems up to a lucrative market. Marisue travelled through time to that very market and sold off 4 of her green gems for 12 points. I happened to have a single green gem, which put me over the total.

In all I enjoyed the game quite a bit, even though I was surprised at the level of complexity such a simplistically simple game can bring.

We'll have to play at least once more to see if Marisue gets into it more, now that we've gotten our "Learning Game" out of the way.

I hope this gets more play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.