Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Second Game: 10 Days in the USA

After our game of Railroad Tycoon, we were all interested in something both a little lighter and quite a bit shorter. Christine suggested this. Since Jared had never played any in the series, he was amenable to it as well. The object of the game is to put together a ten-day journey through the USA. Players draw cards representing states, airplanes, and cars. Players may move between two states if they are adjacent to each other, they may move from one state to another through a third using a car, or between two states of the same color using an airplane.

The game started off looking really bad to me. I don't think anything from my initial 10-card draw actually fit together. This meant that I was going to have to replace a whole bunch of stuff to even have a chance at finishing. According to Becky, 7 of her 10 cards were transport cards, which really did her no good. Of course, Jared said there was no chance of him being able to win. My initial plan was to do something in the south and try some sort of plane connection to the northeast. As I drew more cards, this was changed to a flight out West. However, I never was able to get the connection I needed. I managed to put together a reasonable series of connections in the South. However, I wasn't quite fast enough -- Jared managed to get to 10 before me.

Final Result:

Jared -- 10
Becky -- 8
Christine -- 7
Stephen -- 7

As has been the case each of the times I have played this game, it was a lot of fun. Granted, it is extremely random and chaotic, but it is at least a little bit tactical. And it is fun. The biggest problem is that it can become much too difficult with four players playing. Our total playing time was about 30 minutes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.