Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Lush
United Kingdom
Littlehampton
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
I'm a massive fan of ticket to ride Europe, and I am currently looking at ways to extend the play and make it more competitive for my fiancé and I. I'm looking at Alvin and Dexter, and also the Europa 1912 pack as ways to extend the game, but also was looking at this Map pack (India and Switzerland) however I can't seem to find it available in the UK, or it's a very high price. Are Days of Wonder re-releasing it or changing something that has caused it to be withdrawn? Also any thoughts on other expansions much appreciated!

:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Withdrawn? I'd say it's probably just sold out. For the moment, I wouldn't count on a 2nd print run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Citizen Andrew
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We have india and it is great for 2 player. Even if you don't block off your partners routes you are sure to interfere with their plans to loop for a mandala bonus. And the map is just much tighter overall making for a much more interesting game and it plays fast without the tunnels to slow things down.

Hopefully it becomes available too you soon.

I found that Europe is just awful for 2 player. You may want to try removing the long tickets from the game as they all cover very different parts of the board and virtually guarantee you will have no conflict. They are more useful in a larger game if you want to spread everybody out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lush
United Kingdom
Littlehampton
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the thoughts!have just found out on the days of wonder Europe site that its currently out of print :-( which is a little disappointing. Might look at Asia or Africa instead for the moment, don't really want to pay out for Nordic since its essentially a full priced games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Citizen Andrew
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Test
My advice is to phone all the brick and mortar stores that you know of in your area. Then do a google search and call all the stores you have never heard of. Surely one of the has a few copies in stock.

OOP doesn't mean unavailable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Collins
United Kingdom
SIDMOUTH
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Europa 1912 expansion and on the rare occasions I play two-player Europe with my SO it will be Big Cities. It forces players into the 'centre' of the board, with more contention for routes, which makes things more fun. I say "rare occasions" because I also have Nordic Countries and Asia, both better experiences with two players IMO, therefore these get more play.

Have you considered buying internationally? e.g. Fun Again Games seem to have it in stock and ship to the UK, game cost USD 24 plus cheapest shipping USD 33 (UPS Mail Innovations - Expedited 10-21+ days, delivered by your local postal service), that's less than 40 quid. I'd LOVE a copy of India but not too fussed about Switzerland so I can't justify the cost, considering the other three TTR I have. But if you do find an extra copy at UK prices then send me a PM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Andrew
United Kingdom
Wickford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm on the lookout too! I tried the Orc's Nest in Central London but they didn't have it, though weirdly, plenty of copies of Vol 1 (Asia) and 3 (Africa). Weird that the 2nd volume is OOP but the 1st and 3rd aren't...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Collins
United Kingdom
SIDMOUTH
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bit the bullet and bought from the US for a little over 30 GBP all in (shipping, import tax). I was keen to get a 1st edition 'Made in Germany' copy, rather than waiting for the (surely inevitable?) reprint: the version of Asia that is widely available in the UK right now is the 'Made in China' 2nd edition, for which the quality is reported inferior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newman
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At 30 quid for 1 map considering i already have the originla swiss map ill take an inferior reprint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Andrew
United Kingdom
Wickford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jamieuk wrote:
I bit the bullet and bought from the US for a little over 30 GBP all in (shipping, import tax). I was keen to get a 1st edition 'Made in Germany' copy, rather than waiting for the (surely inevitable?) reprint: the version of Asia that is widely available in the UK right now is the 'Made in China' 2nd edition, for which the quality is reported inferior.

Jamie, where did you find this please? All I'm getting are results that come to £60...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Collins
United Kingdom
SIDMOUTH
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought TTR India from Amazon.com but that was a couple of months ago when they had around 20 left in stock. IIRC it was also in stock at funagain.com at that time, who also ship to the UK at reasonable prices. Sadly, both now look to be out of stock (well, at the 'regular' price, that is). I guess I sensed that time was running out but I guess I lucked out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stylianos Kalaitzis
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
inofficial sources (I ve read in a forum that someone asked and got an answer from asmodee) state that it is going to be reprinted, but the exact date isnt decided yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Andrew
United Kingdom
Wickford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
richlush wrote:
Hi,
I'm a massive fan of ticket to ride Europe, and I am currently looking at ways to extend the play and make it more competitive for my fiancé and I. I'm looking at Alvin and Dexter, and also the Europa 1912 pack as ways to extend the game, but also was looking at this Map pack (India and Switzerland) however I can't seem to find it available in the UK, or it's a very high price. Are Days of Wonder re-releasing it or changing something that has caused it to be withdrawn? Also any thoughts on other expansions much appreciated!

:-)

I'm also looking - let me know if you meet with success.

You can get Alvin and Dexter from the DoW website for about a tenner and Europa 1912 can be found pretty easily. Alvin and Dexter was very good fun and Europa 1912 adds a nice dimension. I'd echo comments on here that Europe just isn't as fun for 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls