Subject: Dice as miniatures wargame? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Arebalo
United States
Barboursville
Virginia
flag msg tools
Like the Black Knight of old, he is sometimes protagonist, often antagonist, definitely misunderstood, talented outsider, and aware of the three truths - his truth, the truth of the other, and *the* truth.
badge
Blackpaladin
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not tease out the info about it from memory or a Google search, so I thought you folks might know. I'm trying to find links to a game that I've seen advertised online wherein the various types of polyhedral dice are used as the elements of units/units in a wargame. It was, I believe, a very inexpensive download for a cost in .pdf only game. Are you folks familiar with this game?

(FYI: I inquired of a couple of retailers and they directed me to a free cheapass .pdf game that is similar to the one I'm looking for so I've seen that one if it occurs to anyone.)

Thanks,
Vince

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliezer Silver
United States
Manlapan
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds sort of like Dragon Dice, the TSR collectable dice game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Yeah, Dragon Dice...a buddy of mine has that, but after several years, we have yet to play it. I just couldn't get enthusiastic about the concept. I think there might have been *another* dice game even before that one, though.

There is a very brief geek entry for something called "Battle Dice" that came out in 2000...not much info on it, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Perry Hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
IA!! IA!!
badge
FTAGHN!
mbmbmbmbmb
well, there's dragon dice, but that's not a pdf, and it uses special dice.

there is a game called "diceland" (not the cheapass games one with the cardboard dice) that uses six sided dice, but that's a boxed game.

Cheapass also put out a set of rules called "roll out the gun barrels" that uses polyhedral dice to simulate battle. It's free, but i haven't read them all the way through, so not sure.

Also there's a game called fight dice, that uses dice to simulate combat, but that's to simulate the battles between action figures.

none of these is exactly it, but these may help to set you in the right direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI...

Dragon Dice:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1860

Roll Out the Gun Barrels:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/14986

Diceland:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3339

Dragon Dice also has many fantasy/scifi imitators out there too. Here's a Geeklist about such games:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
blackpaladin wrote:
I could not tease out the info about it from memory or a Google search, so I thought you folks might know. I'm trying to find links to a game that I've seen advertised online wherein the various types of polyhedral dice are used as the elements of units/units in a wargame. It was, I believe, a very inexpensive download for a cost in .pdf only game. Are you folks familiar with this game?

(FYI: I inquired of a couple of retailers and they directed me to a free cheapass .pdf game that is similar to the one I'm looking for so I've seen that one if it occurs to anyone.)

Thanks,
Vince

The Geeklist someone else offered covers all the CDG's I know of, but it sounds a lot like you're talking about Roll out the Gun Barrels, and the list will lead to a link to that download...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
[size=11]Actually, there is such a GAME based upon the "OGRE" system, and this may be the 'one' that you're thinking about. I can't recall its 'name', so you'll have to GO from that snippet of the '411' eh?
goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure this is the one you're talking about: "Dice Armies," from Guild of Blades.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=5084&

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Arebalo
United States
Barboursville
Virginia
flag msg tools
Like the Black Knight of old, he is sometimes protagonist, often antagonist, definitely misunderstood, talented outsider, and aware of the three truths - his truth, the truth of the other, and *the* truth.
badge
Blackpaladin
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!!

I new this was the right place to ask!

All of you have gained my appreciation, particularly since there are new goodies for me to check out. A special thank you to J Goodwin, however, J that is ths game I was looking for right on the money!

Vince
Blackpaladin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.