Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lorenzo Carnevale
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the game proceeds too slow.
We often finish a game much far from the King counter and with one or two castles without domaines.
What about considering the Border Construction cards as "boosted" of 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be playing with a false assumption. Playing walls is the least efficient way to make domaines. Sound crazy? I would have thought so too in my first game.

Once you have any small domaine, use expansion instead of building walls when you have the opportunity. It lets you grow one domaine (more points and mines) while enclosing another (or cutting off an opponent). Of course to do this well, you need to plan the location of your castles/knights carefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Solaris wrote:
What about considering the Border Construction cards as "boosted" of 1?

I think that would be a mistake. The green cards become less common at the end of the game, which forces you to build domaines with the red cards. And to use the red cards, you need to have bought some knights, and the whole conflict thing happens. If you just built borders, people may not have to fight, and the game would be very different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyler Wrench
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I also find it takes a long time to build domaines at the start, even when going for minimum-size and then expanding. Have thought of starting off each player with 2 free border-stones, to be placed after placing castles and before play begins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.