Jonathan Degann
United States
Tarzana
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonathan/Dave, Winton/Josh*

A new one for me – this game has been compared to Great Dalmuti– but it has a much slower learning curve. There are multiple ways in which cards can be combined to be layed down; there are special cards whose strategic value is not at all obvious, and there are many quirks in the scoring with indirect implications. Kinda like the difference between Hearts and Bridge. Probably a better game than TGD, but it doesn't seem to offer the same wacky fun. Still promising.

It took three hands before I avoided really dumb mistakes that always made me the last player out. Eventually, some wiser playing from me coupled with my always strong partner Dave, and a couple of risks that didn't pay off for our opponents combined to allow us to take a modest lead. Then: BAM! Winton and Josh had two successive hands in which they Tichu'ed AND cleared their hands first and second; each scoring them 300 points (toward a 1000 point game). We were like boxers that played a good smart match, only to get knocked out in the sixth round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.