Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurent Tisseyre
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
Hi all,

After my first game some questions appear to me :

1/ What is in the term "unit" : only armies or armies + supply train ?

2/ At the moment a new general is recruit, can we use it for movement directly?

3/ When a army retreat, is it possible to finish the retreat movement in stacking with a friendly army?

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my poor english ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dieringer
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
badge
1. I don;t know if it is strictly defined, but it seems to be an army OR supply train. Any Playing piece on the board, but not a combination of army/supply train.

2. No, when you recruit they are built and cannot move. You can move them in the next movement phase.

3. No, you must retreat to an empty space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Quote:
1. I don;t know if it is strictly defined, but it seems to be an army OR supply train. Any Playing piece on the board, but not a combination of army/supply train.

It is defined on the "start"-page in the middle of the rules. Units are generals and supply trains, but not armies. The word "piece" would have been a better english

Quote:
2. No, when you recruit they are built and cannot move. You can move them in the next movement phase.

correct, see rule 10, 6th spades.

Quote:
3. No, you must retreat to an empty space.

correct, see rule 8, 1st spades, third triangle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Tisseyre
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools

Quote:

correct, see rule 10, 6th spades.

ok. This rule is not in the french translation of the game. it is missing.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
ps.: I just checked the french rules .... Unfortunately i don't know any french ...

But: "Un pion ne peut pas se deplacer le tour ou il revient en jeu." seems to me that it is talking about this rule, doesn't it? -- ( In the french rules it is the 7th spades).

It would be very nice if you could confirm ... otherwise i would contact the french translator to correct the rules ...

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Tisseyre
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
Humm, i understand.

On histogame.de the french rule is good.

But I download my version on TricTrac (one of the best french site for boargaming: http://www.trictrac.net/index.php3?id=jeux&rub=detail&inf=de...) and here the version miss this line. And the mistake is also in the "corons et dragons" (french translator of the game) website (http://www.coronetdragon.com/regles/ReglesFriedrich.pdf).

bye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
oh well, then i understand as well ... As far is i *feel* the french version on the histogame site is better and more correct ... Sorry, it is very hard for me to tell whether the tremendous effort of voluntary rules translators has resulted in a correct translation if i don't know french... But from the email-exchange with both translators, i understood that their english-knowledge was quite different in quality ... So i guess the one with better english would make a better translation.

Of course i admire both of them for their wonderful help to make the access for french players more easy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.