Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the Dumutef Bridge Scenario out of the RttFF set. I usually use this one when teaching someone the game, as I can still play full out and will most likely still lose.

I also drafted a semi-weak army. It was all figures I had never used before, except for the Samurai.

Brunak, Deathwalker 7000, Samurai, Gorrillinators and Shotgun Sullivan.

My wife drafted the ones that looked cool, and the Dumutef as per the rules of the scenario (she objected to her having to take him because of his ugliness).

Sir Denrick, Finn, Raelin, Kelda, Samurai, Krav Maga and the previously mentioned Dumetef.

I gave her some suggestions for the placement of her army and her first rounds order markers.

She wins initiative and starts with the Krav Maga who are perched on the cliff across the river. She moves them all within range of a couple of my figures while remaining on the cliff. The first agent rolls 3 skulls against Brunak. I was upset with the roll, but figured it would only end up being one wound, but I blanked with my 7 defense and Brunak was slain on the first turn of the first round of the game. There goes by big bruiser and my deathwalkers cab. The other two agents only had the DW in range so fired at him with only misses.

I send out my samurai to take some glyphys and start shooting at Raelin with the nators.

She heals Raelin with kelda and moves Finn and Denrick down the hill to engage the ranged.

She kills off my samurai on the gliph of Astrid with Finn, and starts moving her samurai towards the glyphs. She also kills my samurai on Gerda with the Krav Maga.

She now has a clump of heroes coming down the road, so I move my DW in for the big kill, but only manage to do 2 wounds a piece. I move shot gun in on the clump to finish them off, but one skull isn't enough.

Kelda did some more healing as Denrick moved down to take out Sullivan.

She has now moved her samurai in and take all the glyphs as well as taken out my nators and samurai.

It is down to shotgun who has two wounds from Denrick and takes a disengagement attack to move to Kelda and heal, as well as open fire on Denrick. He proves to be invincible again and moves in on Shotgun to finish him off over the next two rounds.

I made it to round eight, which is almost a victory in this scenario.

My wife actually admitted that she did have fun, so she may play again someday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well did she?
Play another game that is?
I´ve only played against my girlfriend,(just got Heroscape a few weeks ago) but we´ve gotten 12-14 games played so far... Just got Mallidons prophecy 2 days ago, already played a few games with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think she ever did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.