Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Benisch
Sweden
Stockholm
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This weekend my friends and I played a four player game of History of the World. Neither of them had played it before and we had just finished a long game of Axis & Allies so I told them that it would only take an hour or two to play (The things we do to play...) devil

After describing the mechanism and going through the rules we started. This is what happened

1. EGYPT
Starting as Egypt can be devasting but I decided to gamble and expanded in to the Middle east, taking control of three lands, scoring the maximum amount of points. I settled for two areas in africa, building a fort at my Capital. Being the first player this gave me a good start.

2. SCYTHIANS
2. EVENT: PHOENICIA
The other players didn't appreciate my big lead so they handed me the Scythians. what they didn't know was that I had the Phonicians as a minor Empire and I used them to reestablish myself as the dominant power in the middle east. The Scythinas decided to migrate into Europe and build a fort in England. I knew that I wouldn't be the leader after this round but I didn't mind,

3. MAURYA
There was already a great empire controlling India so I decided to steal it. Establishing a presence wasn't a problem and I played a card to get som extra armies and figting power as well. When I was done I was the supreme ruler of India.

4. BYZANTINES
Every southern european empire had emerged and most of them were controlled by the same player, making souther Europe the perfect target fore my Byzantines. I quickly defeat all the opposition along the Mediterranian coast and took control of several cities.

5. FRANKS
With the support from my Byzantine regions I decided to become the dominant power i Europe. The Franks was just what I nedded to do so and when they were done there was only a few areas left that I didn't control.

6. MUGHALS
Having lost part of India in previous turns I greated the chance to take it back. The Mughals quickly defeated the evil forces that felt that they had any right to be there. I decided to expand my regions, takin control of South east asia as well.

7. EVENT: JAPAN
7. EVENT: Kingdom (somewhere in west Africa)
7. GERMANY

With no less then two empires and a Kingdom I felt that the victory was mine, as long as the leading player didn't get Britain, which he didn't (since I gave him the Netherlands). Japan took control of the areas near the japanese sea, my african Kingdom established a presence in Africa and the Germans took over Europe and North America as well as estblishing a presence or becoming the dominant power on every other continent.

My strategy worked, but it was close. In the end I had 199 points and the runner up (the one whom had been in the lead during mist of the game) had 197...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice game. HOTW is very much bash the leader, of course. You playing with the little toy soldiers edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Benisch
Sweden
Stockholm
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course. Everyting gets better when there's toy soldiers involved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.