Tim Kilgore
United States
Sturgeon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Friedrich for Christmas (yay!).

There are 18 cards (The Cards of Fate or some such name). Of them, 8 or so are dual text. The remaining 10 cards are all in German or some other foreign language.

Should Friedrich have come with English versions of these cards? Anyone know? And if so, does anyone know how to contact Histogames so I can get my hands on the missing cards.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are none. There are translations on one of the player aides I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a player aid sheet with translations included with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merv D
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Brad and John are correct. Its the Sheet of Fate.
For the basic game, you read the spades translation.

For the expert game, you read from the symbol of the sector where the last victorious general is located. I think that's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
As you have read above, the components you got in Friedrich are correct. With the translation card included in the game, you will have no trouble playing the game, especially as the cards of fate are only checked once per turn. (Just as easy to read a sheet as it is to read the card.)

In the original version, there were no English cards. However you may have heard about the next printing (that RGG will be importing into the US), which will have English language cards of fate (and improved control chits).

Obviously, some folks have asked for upgrade kits....that discussion is being conducted here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/88506

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.