Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I'm back and around for a gaming session. If you're not familiar with the previous discussion check out:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/87803/
We're looking to game once or twice a month alternating Wednesday and Fridays, in New Brunswick NJ and Princeton NJ, respectively.

Fridays are no good for me this month, so how about a Wednesday (11th, 18th, or the 25th?) to start with? In New Brunswick? Princeton is fine with me, but I know some people said they will only make it to NB and that they work on Fridays, so the Wednesday meetings should be in NB. The NB Panera ( 871 Route 1 South, North Brunswick, NJ 08902) does not have a community room, we found out, but we can give it a try anyway, no? I doubt that it will be jam packed on Wed night.

So far, these geeks are/were interested:
rodeodoctor
darlok (only in New Brunswick)
XIII
kasreb
Schlotto (NB)
Noaceyet

am I missing anyone?

anyway, let's get this thing started soon.

cheers

blue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What time were you guys thinking....???

Also, in the cold winter months.....I may be up for a couple of hours early Sunday afternoons....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question Rob. I think I will leave it up to those who work 9-5 or regular hours of some sort. I can plan my experiments around it, so doesn't make a difference to me. I would rather not be stuck in rush hour traffic on Route 1, but it seems inevitable, unless we meet late, like 8pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
8 or 8:30 may be good for me. Not 100% sure yet. Let's shoot for 8:00pm on the 11th. Again I can't promise to be there on time because of coaching responsibilities. Any ideas as to what will be played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I just got Caylus, Byzantium, and Railroad Dice. I would love to play one of those. I played Caylus and Railroad Dice before so I think I can assist with rules. I would have to prep a bit for byzantium, though. Of course, anything else is ok with me, too. Except: Shadows over Camelot and Power Grid (too much lately.) I also have Wings of War that I would love to try out, but I don't even know the rules!!!

8 or 8:30pm is good with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife has a scout meeting she must attend so this Wednesday is out. Sorry. I have already informed her of next Wednesday and will try to bring along a friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have such trouble finding out about all the NJ gaming meetings! who would have thought there were so many.

Where in Wegmans were they playing? The princeton wegmans has an upstrais area above the hot food area where there are a lot fo tables, but it is usually jam packed, and it is a zoo on the weekends! Now, maybe a on Wednesday evenings it is not so packed. I know the food is packed away pretty early, but I don't know the details. Another option, which is closer to Princeton and NB, is the princeton Whole Foods. I will find out about these soon.

But for now, we're thinking Wed. the 18th in NB Panera. Is that correct? (BTW, is anyone goign to Dreamation 19-22? I'll be there maybe 19, 20 evenings, and definetely all day on the 21st.)

Seems like the list moved off the front page quickly, so I will try to email the others individually.

If anyone wants to take ont he job of contacting the group that was sighted to meet in Wegmans, please do so. (I never know how to do such things...) Saturdays I not good for me and some other people, so I think we will not overlap with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unfortunately, i wouldnt be able to attend a mid-week jaunt as i work in manhattan and live in bergen county.

if anything were to get going on the weekends, i could potentially get involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bersak
United States
Hillsborough
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Weds sounds fine. I havn't been able to find a suitable location here in the brunswick area, so I'm ok with the Princeton area. Time doesn't matter to me because I have weds off from work

As to weekend meetups, the other gaming group I attend, ludoNJ, will be meeting this saturday 11:30 am - whenever they kick us out. It is up your way in the bergen county area; North Arlington to be specific at a store called Realitys Edge http://www.realitys-edge.com . Come on down, much will be played!

I will be at Dreamation only for the Saturday. Wish I could have atttended more.

Ubercon, however, is around the corner and have already made plans to attend all the days of that con. Though technicially I am their beeoytch.

-Brian
Uberslave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, Wed 18th seems to be the concensus. Now Princeton or NB Panera? Either is fine with me, so it depends on XIII and others who said they prefer NB.

Ooops, one slight problem. If we're meeting at 8pm, both Paneras close at 10pm. Actually this is not a huge problem cuz we can always move to campus (a 2 min walk gets us to campus center, princeton is very small...) With NB Panera there isn't that option. We can also move the meeting to 6 or 7pm and those who cannot make it earlier can join us later.

anyway, 8-10pm sounds a bit short.

the main decision we need to make now is: NB or Princeton for the 18th and when.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M
United States
Lake Hiawatha
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to weigh in so late but this month is pretty shot for me with some project deadlines at work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bersak
United States
Hillsborough
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I say Princeton as the NB Panera doesn't have the community room the other has.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliezer Silver
United States
Manlapan
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All, wednsday should work out for me in either location. Princeton is prefered though as its a bit closer. 8-10 is a bit short, but i work 9-5 so anything much after 10 woud be getting sort of late. Start earlier? 7? Do we have a consensus yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bersak
United States
Hillsborough
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can get there as early as needed. I have nowhere to be on weds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have to be New Brunswick for me. I wouldn't make it to Princeton in a reasonable amount of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Meyer
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you guys wouldn't mind a visitor a few times a year could you let me know your schedule? My parents live up there so I am in the area about a month total during the year- a few long weekends and a few week trips.

Are you focusing on certain types of games or just about everything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind and as far as I can tell it looks like we are going to dabble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, why don't we say 7pm Princeton Panera this Wednesday (Jan 18th)? Most people should be able to make this first meeting.

XIII, I realize that you said you cannot make it to Princeton. How about we have our next meeting in NB Panera, community room or no community room. Friday would be nice, any Friday is good for me so far. Can someone, in the meanwhile, stop by there a Wed night to see how crowded it is (or maybe someone already knows...). I see that there are some other people who will not make it this time (Scott, for one), but that's alright! I don't expect to make every meeting myself, as long as we have a nice number of people each time!

I will reserve the Panera community room for 6:30-10pm Wednesday. I will bring Caylus, Railroad Dice, and Coloretto. Feel free to bring whatever you want or you can look at what I have and ask me to bring stuff, too. I'm up for anything, really. In the future, we can, if everyone wants, be more organized and decide what we wanna play ahead of time (though I prefer to just have options becuase what sounds great on a Monday morning sometimes doesn't appeal by Wed night...)

As far as I can tell Rob, George, Brian, and rodeodoctor can make it, right? I may bring a few princeton buddies...

Once I reserve the panera room, I will post a new forum, be sure to check it.

ps. I will be at Dreamation this Fri and Sat, and at UberCon only on Saturday (Feb. 11th). Brian, I see that you are running Acquire, I want to sign up for that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lauramath wrote:
If you guys wouldn't mind a visitor a few times a year could you let me know your schedule? My parents live up there so I am in the area about a month total during the year- a few long weekends and a few week trips.

Are you focusing on certain types of games or just about everything?

no problem. We will probably run a little forum for each meeting, so keep an eye out for those. I'll try to remember to send you geekmail, as well.

I am not sure if we are focusing on anything. I'd rather not, but depends on who shows up, etc. maybe a focus will emerge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darlok, would Friday fullfill the "weekend" requirement oyu have, or would it have to be something like a Sunday? We have one more person, Rob, who said he would like Sundays now and then, but we'll definetley have Fridays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.