Popular Tags: [View All]
Spin Hansen
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
Blerg.
badge
Beard beard beard beard beard beard beard.
mbmbmbmbmb
My first exposure to Ticket to Ride Europe (or, for that, any game which may or may not be a railroad game... *Grins*) came at a work party that I attended with Phaedrus (his first play report is a few threads below mine). I had quickly lost a game of Texas Hold 'Em on a bad all-in bet... all the better to start the boardgames.

Ticket was played after my first play of Puerto Rico, and was a welcome diversion. I was impressed by the illustration on the cards, and the mechanics were simple-- a lot more simple than I would've imagined. I chose two routes... Palermo-Moskva and Brest-Venezia (later on in the game, I pulled Athina-Angora). I did fairly well (although Phaderus had amassed a rather sizeable lead over me early), and were it not for the green tunnel connecting Zurich to Venezia, I would've met both of my routes.

All in all... I had a great time playing this... and can't wait until I get to take another shot at it. I've tasted blood... and I want more.

Spinch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.