binyamin zalzman
Israel
beit-el
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have a 2 groups i opend 1 for children 9-14
they dont read english at all and are new to gaming
i need some lite to medium good games whit no text
there are diferent likings in the group so all could go i was thinking on manila and elfenroad and elfengold, heroscape, but i need more recomendetions i am just starting to build my games
also i have a group of older guys some of them more experienced whit gaming but for a lot of them even english is a problem i was thinking about ticket to ride , goa, taj mahal
i have setlers and la strada 'citadels' [in hebrew] kingsgate[les liked] havoc' talisman[ in hebrew] risk,
set, orcz ' kingdoms, they mosly like varaity of games they want to try diferent styles' so i want to get some games from difernt styles, card games are less liked so i prefer boardgames [ tigris and eoropathes was a bit to havy for them] i raised some money 200-250 $ from the group and i am opened for sugestions
the games are prefered to be for more then 4 players [ 4 i also good] but also good whit 3 or 4,[if there are games that are also good for 2 and for 4+ that would be great as sometimes i play only whit my wife] and we like the games to have a strategy element in them not just random luck ty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some ideas -- chosen for fun, variety, range of players, and crossover potential between your two groups.

Samurai (plays 2-4), Blokus (plays 2 or 4), Diamant (plays 3-8), Der Untergang von Pompeji (2-4), Zendo (3-6), and Nobody But Us Chickens (3-6) or Pick Picnic (2-6). NBUC has some English-language text. but it's not really essential to game play -- numbers/illustrations are all you need. I think it's a better/more elegant game than Pick Picnic, but the Pick Picnic components are completely language-free, so I included it as an alternative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I can list many games from heavy to light that could help you. BUT for a full spectrum, I recommend you type in "language" on the search bar above after selecting "geeklist" from the pulldown menu, and you will see many many geeklists about language independent games. In general, tile laying games, most abstracts like the GIPF project games, some card games like Coloretto will all fit the bill, as long as someone can read the rules!

good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
sweet! your are from israel? yay! i'm not the noyl one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(i find diploamcy great game for a few players, the noyl thing you need to read is the rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lindahl
Sweden
Skurup
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Niagara with my 7 year old kid and his friends. They love it and the only thing they need to know is numbers and count from 1 to 6

Only problem is that they work together to send me over the edge...

//Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binyamin zalzman
Israel
beit-el
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.