Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Dentel
United States
Stephens City
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm looking for input into so-called point-to-point card-driven style wargames: what's good, what to avoid.

I've played "Hannibal" and "Paths of Glory," but I'm interested in other GMT games such as "Wilderness War" and "Thirty Years War." I've looked up reviews for both, but they seem mixed.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dieringer
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I wouldn;t call the reviews for Wilderness War mixed and it is a solid game. Lots of good events and the tension is high. I have not played PoG, but I think that the complexity is a little bit lower in this one, especially without the advanced rules.

It's funny, the reviews on Thirty Years War are mixed on BGG, but if you look on ACTS (the PBEM site that manages most card driven games), a ton of people are playing it. It is also half the price of all the other card driven games now as GMT is liquidating its supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Wellington.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.