Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Byzantium» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about taxes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien Vion
France
Bry
France
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
May you pay with the Byzantine treasure to get cubes from reserve pool, put that cubes in the "tax" zone, get money and pour that money in the Arabian treasure ?

In other words, may I use taxes (thus, once per turn) to transfer money from a treasure to another at a rate of 2/3 ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scand1sk wrote:
May you pay with the Byzantine treasure to get cubes from reserve pool, put that cubes in the "tax" zone, get money and pour that money in the Arabian treasure ?


You can't buy from the Reserve Pool and put them in Taxes. You have to use cubes from your Cube Pool.

scand1sk wrote:
In other words, may I use taxes (thus, once per turn) to transfer money from a treasure to another at a rate of 2/3 ?


Yes, you can. The Taxes action is used to transfer money between Arabs & Byzantines.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Vion
France
Bry
France
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
scand1sk wrote:
May you pay with the Byzantine treasure to get cubes from reserve pool, put that cubes in the "tax" zone, get money and pour that money in the Arabian treasure ?


You can't buy from the Reserve Pool and put them in Taxes. You have to use cubes from your Cube Pool.


Ooops, I missed that point. Thank you.

GeoMan wrote:

scand1sk wrote:
In other words, may I use taxes (thus, once per turn) to transfer money from a treasure to another at a rate of 2/3 ?


Yes, you can. The Taxes action is used to transfer money between Arabs & Byzantines.


Well, in sight of precedent point, it can be only done in an "indirect" way, doesn't it ? You forbid yourself to uses cubes from Cube Pool for your Byzantine army and use it only for the Arab army (or the other way if your Arab treasure is huge).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Portsmouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Our group had a debate over taxes and the rule book (page 2, A Note on Cubes) which says, "The coins must be paid for from the treasury of the side that benefits from the use of the cube."

Now, I understand that our misunderstanding came from overlooking the Tax Action rule, which says cubes are moved "from his Cube Pool", which have no cost to use.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.