flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Session Report: Phoenix with Gladys

Players: Gladys, Terence

It was a rainy evening and we had some time on our hands. Gladys asked if we could have a game and I agreed.

The initial draw was really kind to me with the initial line of pawns half complete. After 6 or so plays, I managed to complete my spectrum with a 3 in a row. Unfortunately, Gladys couldn’t score any bonuses.

Round 1: Terence (7) / Gladys (0)

Lady Luck changed partners and this time, it was her turn to complete her spectrum with a 3 in a row. I scored nothing

Round 2: Terence (0) / Gladys (7)

In the third round, my initial draw was amazing. I realized that I could win in one move and let her start first to at least get the round started. Then I ended the game.

Round 3: Terence (5) / Gladys (0)

Final Score: Terence (12) / Gladys (7)

I’m beginning to see the main problem with this game. It can be very luck dependent and often doesn’t offer a level playing field. Of course, it is probably this aspect that keeps my non-gamer wife interested, as she gets to win pretty often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.