Subject: Session Report - Primero Juego de Puerto Rico rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Jarvis
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, this was my first time with the actual board game. I had played the computer version once before and had read and reread the rules and other summaries\files from the 'Geek. So this was not my first official play, though it was Spinch's.
We played at an after work party that we were having with our department. I went through the basics with the Spinch and he caught on right a way.
We started off well in my opinion. I concentrated on Tobacco and corn at first, while Spinch started the game and continued to build his indigo fortune.
We both concentrated on money quite a bit, which I found to be an hindrance to the focus of the game – shipping. So I began to simply concentrate on Production, soon I was producing Coffee, tobacco, and corn. The game progressed well, Spinch built a lot faster than I and he filled up his island to capacity thanks to the Hacienda.
The game lasted a bit longer than it should have, because we kept forgetting to repopulate the colonist ship at the end of the mayor phase.
It’s been a few days since we played and I have played with my wife since then too, so the games are merging a bit.
In both games I found that money seems to be a focus that diverts from the collection of products. Special buildings are good, but someone who starts producing and shipping early has a great advantage.
Both Spinch and my wife are very sharp and I could tell that they were playing with a purpose by mid-game, but it isn’t enough to make up for a few missteps made because of unfamiliarity at the beginning of the game.
In both games I won by a healthy spread, but I know that the next time I play Spinch, we’re going to go at it head to head.
In the end I determined that a player who is new to the game has quite a disadvantage and should understand that the first game is an intro game only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty crazy game of Settlers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Jarvis
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TEll me about it, I opened the report and got distracted by a friend and we ended up talking for a few minutes about Puerto Rico and I came back to get started on teh session report.
I had a session of Settlers and one of Puerto Rico to report and guess what I didshake?
I emailed the admin(s) to see if they could fix my screw up, we'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valdir Jorge
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Todd!

You can edit the session report yourself. Just copy and paste one into the other (make sure you don't wipe out one with the other before the move is done).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.