Subject: Quick Comments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cree dawg
United States
hell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A&A captures the pacific theatre in this version. Now this game is quite unbalanced in my opinion because of the japanese first strike rule, play with it and japan is overwhelming, play without it and japan becomes overwhelmed. Australia and India borders are quite unclear as to whom owns what.
With all that aside this is still a good game and is also a little quicker game play than the other A&A titles. This title would not be recomended to a new A&A player because it may be too complicated for them on there first try around.
Try A&A Revised or A&A D-Day, or even the original A&A before pealing into the more complicated pacific or europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Jennings
United States
Colchester
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally like the power of Japan's first turn attack, but I suppose that's a matter of opinion. As for which Commonwealth country owns what, my understanding is that India owns all the green areas and Australia owns Australia and the purple areas (in reality, Dutch possessions during the war).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cree dawg
United States
hell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Yeah but what happens when indian and australian forces take the same place, who gets it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hanawalt
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you're talking about territory that Japan controls at the start of the game, it would automatically go to India. There are two things to keep in mind here:

1. Australia can never grow beyond its original starting 20 IPC's, nor have a chance to do so.

2. The distinction between Australian and Indian forces only applies when building new units. Once those units are placed on the board at the end of the British player's turn, it's completely irrelevant to whom they belong. They are British Commonwealth forces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hanawalt
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jennined wrote:
I personally like the power of Japan's first turn attack, but I suppose that's a matter of opinion. As for which Commonwealth country owns what, my understanding is that India owns all the green areas and Australia owns Australia and the purple areas (in reality, Dutch possessions during the war).

True, just an added comment. India controls India, Burma, Shan State, Hong Kong, Malaya and Borneo. Australia controls New Zealand, Dutch New Guinea, Java, Sumatra and Celebes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.