Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is something I'm curious about with CardTable...

When you download the client from the website, it says you're downloading version 2.5.1. However, when you actually run this client it says you're running 1.13 beta 1 and the "about" menu gives a last maintained date of 2002. What I'm guessing is that the CardTable app is still at 1.13, but the Blue Moon data files packaged with it are version 2.5.1. Anyone know anything about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I noticed that at the time too - but it works doesn't it, so why worry?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowjow wrote:
What I'm guessing is that the CardTable app is still at 1.13, but the Blue Moon data files packaged with it are version 2.5.1. Anyone know anything about this?

Yup. That is 100% correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumb question - how do you get the deck to the "Draw pile" location under the board. I can't seem to move the entire deck at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to hold down a key. Try ALT or STRG or Left SHIFT - its one of them. Haven't played in a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is CardTable? Where can I find it?

Thanks,
Jon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CardTable is an application that allows you to play various cardgames over the internet. The app by itself is currently at version 1.13 beta 3 and can be found here:

http://go.to/cardtable

The application provides an interface (such as an area where you can store your hand so people can't see the cards in it) but no logic so you'll have to work out all the rules yourself. Also note - this download is only the application and doesn't include what you need to play Blue Moon. For that, go here:

http://www.blue-moon-liga.com/modules.php?name=Downloads

The site's all in German, but just look for the Cardtable 2.5.1 download. That package includes the CardTable app and everything you'll need to play Blue Moon.

For info on getting CardTable working for Blue Moon specifically, go here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/453822

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
Dumb question - how do you get the deck to the "Draw pile" location under the board. I can't seem to move the entire deck at the same time.

Hold down Control and drag the deck. Though it doesn't need to be on the table." I've always just left it in my hand area. (On the other hand, if you're used to it being in that spot from face-to-face play, it makes sense to put it there.)

Also, remember to shuffle (after taking the Leader card off the top) with Control+S, Control+C (I think of it as shuffle cards).

If you have a messy stack of cards you want to straighten, Control+S does it. Just make sure there aren't any other cards touching the stack, or they'll be straightened too! (I use a custom "dragons" deck-file that includes the board and a player aid. If you straighten your discard pile while it's touching the board, it makes a big mess.) This goes for shuffling also -- make sure there's nothing touching your deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.