Jim Jones
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Check the Great Big Table podcast (http://greatbigtable.com), a podcast about expanding the board game hobby.
Microbadge: Extra Life participantMicrobadge: PodcasterMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: Geekway to the West attendee
I'm sorry to hear your awful news, Kerry.

My wife is my best friend in the world. I'd be bereft if I lost her. I can only imagine what you are going through. I wish you peace and your family comfort. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

I changed my rating of Zombies!!! from a seven to a ten in support of Todd and your family. It has always been a game that I have enjoyed with some of my closest family and friends. I have some great memories from the game, ones that I cherish to this day. For that reason, I'll be leaving my rating a ten for the foreseeable future.

I'm glad to hear this effort brought some comfort to Todd, and you, and your family. I would love it if Zombies!!! somehow still made it to number one; like the flag of BGG being at half mast to honor a fallen comrade. I understand if it doesn't happen for the general community. However, for me, I am leaving it as my only game rated as a ten. It's the number one game for me.

Rest in peace, Todd. All my best to the Breitenstein family.

Jim Jones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Roadhouse
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Drive Thru Review fanMicrobadge: Pandemic fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Smash Up fanMicrobadge: Small World fan
My condolences
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Berger
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Collector's EditionMicrobadge: Mansions of Madness: Second Edition fanMicrobadge: BattleLore fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: The 7th Continent: What Goes Up, Must Come Down fan
I am so sorry to hear that. I am hoping we cheered Todd up in his darkest hours.

To Kerry:
I wish you and your family all the power you need in this time.
My condolescence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Glock fanMicrobadge: Police OfficerMicrobadge: AR-15 fanMicrobadge: Thin Blue Line - In support of Law Enforcement OfficersMicrobadge: Gun owner
My condolences. I plan on keeping the rating to remind myself how fragile life is and to remind me to hug my wife and kids a little more often especially when times are tough.

I will think of your family often and wish you happiness.

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Video Game Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Level 07 VGG posterMicrobadge: Xbox One fanMicrobadge: I completed the 2019 VGG challenge: beat 5 video games and played for 50 hours
soblue
So sorry. This just sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
Microbadge: "TAKE SIX MEAT DAMAGE, FROWNY EURODUDE!"
My condolences to the family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death...
badge
Microbadge: Phish fanMicrobadge: Coheed and Cambria fanMicrobadge: Umphrey's Mcgee fanMicrobadge: moe. fanMicrobadge: Disco Biscuits fan
Kerry, simply saying "I'm sorry for your loss" cannot possibly convey my feelings for you, your children, and all of your family. I wish you and yours the very best. Know this: we all strive to leave a mark that will withstand the ages... something that our children's children can point to with pride. Todd was able to achieve that and then some. He wasn't just a random game designer throwing ideas against the wall and hoping one would stick. He was a gamer through and through and was an icon of this community, helping so many hundreds and thousands of people transition from the simple games of our childhood to the incredible hobby we all share together here on this site. He should, and will, be remembered as one of the pioneers of the modern gaming age.

And Paul (Geosphere), some day I am going to buy you a drink for your efforts here. Because of you, the majority of us that have been following this thread have been able to share some of our stories and give virtual hugs to other members in our little corner of the Universe. Despite some opposition you kept your head and wits about you and I commend you for that. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And to the rest of you: hug your kids, spouses, significant others, friends, and family. Tell them you love them more than you already do. And be excellent to each other.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam 'Fenn' Fenton
Scotland
Falkirk
flag msg tools
200 Geekgold and all I got was this lousy Overtext
badge
Oooh - I got this Overtext too!
Microbadge: Cwtch mawr!Microbadge: It's a Boy!!Microbadge: Extended Stats userMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Parent of One Boy
The world is not fair - that much is continually obvious. Todd fought a good fight, and our thoughts were with him at that difficult time. That is not enough to change the way of the world; of course it isn't. But we can at least say that we did not let our humanity slip.

I'll be putting the game's rating back where I believe it belongs: it is not a 10, but then neither is life. And I'll learn what I can from this lesson of mortality and move on. Thank you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Dropkick Murphys fanMicrobadge: Akira Kurosawa fanMicrobadge: Shaw Brothers fanMicrobadge: Zatoichi fanMicrobadge: The Clash fan
soblue

My condolences to Todd's family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Words cannot express my feelings though I never had the pleasure of meeting Todd.

To Kerry, relatives and friends I wish that you have the power to get through these dark times. Know that this community feels with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
Microbadge: Columbia Games fanMicrobadge: Beck fanMicrobadge: Chicken ownerMicrobadge: 10,000 Maniacs fanMicrobadge: Converse All Star fan
My condolences Kerry and family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Today I find myself greatly choked up over the loss of Todd, a person whom I've never met before, yet I feel like I now have a connection with because of this thread and this community.

My thoughts are with Kerry and the rest of his family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kreskai
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I backed Arena: the Contest – Tanares Adventures on Kickstarter!Microbadge: Conan fanMicrobadge: Valeria: Card Kingdoms fanMicrobadge: Mythic Battles fan
Kerry - Know that words are not enough to convey how I feel at this moment. Also know that I am shedding\sharing tears for\with you and your family at this tremendous loss. Todd will be greatly missed by many, but will live on in his games. Tonight I will raise a glass in his honor and slay some Zombies in his name!
Thought and Prayers to you and your family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trencher for Life
United States
Slidell
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: My contribution was deemed PyuredeadbrilliantMicrobadge: But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode, That happens to me sometimes!Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: Ameritrash fan
I am so sorry, Kerry. My condolences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Offline from The Geek for a whileMicrobadge: Taiwanese games fan
Kerry, my words are inadequate to express the pain I feel over your loss. I lost my grandmother to cancer not long ago, and we watched as she was taken from us. She was beautiful and strong and more than that horrible disease could do away with.

Sounds trite to say, but Todd lives on in you and his creations and his family and in every life he touched. He is not gone.

I am glad to know our small, small efforts here provided some kind of joy to you and your husband in the face of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fanMicrobadge: Ameritrash fanMicrobadge: Geek of the Week
My sincerest condolences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Egan
United States
Fort Myers
FL - Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: "Apparently sarcasm hasn't hit the Old West yet."Microbadge: "I hate it when Aztecs force themselves into your hotel room and make you try on belts."Microbadge: "Wow, this movie's really drawing me in… to a deep well of despair."
Aww man this sucks. ZOMBIES!!! Is one of the first board games I ever owned, and I've loved it ever since. What I'd like to do is celebrate Todd's life by having a "Todd Breitenstein" day.

See, I run a game shop with no physical storefront. I just host events around the community (kind of like leading up a really big, well funded game group). My vision is a special event where games designed by Todd Breitenstein are played exclusively and given away as prizes and sold at huge discounts. I feel the best way time to do this is on his birthday! Does anyone know when that is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
Microbadge: I don't use any card sleevesMicrobadge: Global Religious ToleranceMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Ameritrash fanMicrobadge: Golden Reviewer
jegan22280 wrote:
I feel the best way time to do this is on his birthday! Does anyone know when that is?
Just missed it.

March 3rd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
Microbadge: Podcast listenerMicrobadge: Toronto Blue Jays fanMicrobadge: Baha'iMicrobadge: Civil EngineerMicrobadge: I ride my bike to work.
My condolences. Nice to see the community rally around such a great cause.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My condolences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Michael Ray Charles fanMicrobadge: After Pablo fanMicrobadge: Ferox fan - Film CrewMicrobadge: Cave Evil fanMicrobadge: There Will Be Games fan
Condolences to you and your family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
Microbadge: Victoria Falls, AfricaMicrobadge: Victoria Falls, AfricaMicrobadge: Victoria Falls, AfricaMicrobadge: I love Africa
Please allow me to extend my heartfelt condolences for your loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
Microbadge: I don't use any card sleevesMicrobadge: Global Religious ToleranceMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Ameritrash fanMicrobadge: Golden Reviewer
Someone just GMed me, and I thought it might be worth noting here.

Todd was 48.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fanMicrobadge: Ameritrash fanMicrobadge: Geek of the Week
Just wanted to agree with the poster above--Zombies!!! was one of our first purchases after getting back into the hobby. Say what you will about the game, but you walk into almost any store that sells games like ours, and you will undoubtedly find a section of Twilight Creations games in general and Zombies!!! + expansions in particular.

I once spoke to a clerk about their games, and he said that almost week in and week out, a couple of people will come in, new to the hobby, pick up Zombies!!!, read about it, and excitedly bring it to the counter. He said this happened pretty much on a weekly basis. Goth kids, young preppy kids, older couples, dads and children, moms and children, twenty-something hipsters, all would happily pony up the cash to get a chance to fight off the 100 plastic zombies inside.

Most of us only leave a lasting legacy with our families and those few who are otherwise closest to us, but Todd has a legacy that reaches out over each and every excited new customer that nabs a copy of this game, all with the promise of "BRAAAAIIIINNNSSSSS!!!!"

RIP, Todd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoopy Hobbit
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: D&D fan (4th edition)Microbadge: Critical Role fanMicrobadge: 2019 T.O.S.S.E.R. Participant - Olive, out back againMicrobadge: I play a Warforged!Microbadge: I play a Fighter!
Sincerest condolences...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  44 , 45 , 46 , 47 , 48  Next »  [49] |