Ross Wolfe
United States
living in Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I raised a Zombie for Todd's cancer fightMicrobadge: I speak three languagesMicrobadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: TranslatorMicrobadge: Blood Bowl fan
My condolences as well. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Microbadge: HeroQuest fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Myth: Dark Frontier fanMicrobadge: Middle-earth CCG fan - Sauron's EyeMicrobadge: Zombicide fan
Requiescat en pace, Todd. Kerry, stay strong, and I hope the community was able to lift your spirits in the final weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Gómez Acosta
Spain
Castellon de la Plana
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love Lithuania!Microbadge: I track all my games playedMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Tolkien fanMicrobadge: I love Totoro
My sincerest condolences
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Posted on Facebook:

From Pinnacle Entertainment Group:
"Our wonderful friend Todd Breitenstein, likely best known by most of you as the creator of Todd Breitenstein's Zombies, passed away yesterday. Pinnacle will be running a sale on our Savage Tale 'Zombie Run' tomorrow with all proceeds going to Todd's family.

"We'll have more information soon.

"You might also visit his company's page and check out their many products, including Zombies and their Deadlands board game here linked below."

LINK: http://www.twilightcreationsinc.com/en/index.html

(punctuation edits and BGG links implanted by me.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
Microbadge: "Are we just going to ignore the fact that Louise just pooped in the pool?" — Bob BelcherMicrobadge: Car Wars fanMicrobadge: I play armored combat gamesMicrobadge: Legion Wargames fanMicrobadge: Paintball fan
My condolences to Kerry and her family. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
Microbadge: Root fanMicrobadge: I play from my gut!Microbadge: Obscure reference fanMicrobadge: I get distracted ea - SQUIRREL!Microbadge: Root fan
Oh man.
This is extremely sad, my condolences.

Through this thread, I have come to see Zombies!!! in a very different light: the show of community support here -even if it was just for a wry chuckle or two on a long and dark road- has elevated the game and turned it into a legacy with great emotional power much more deeply and lastingly than some numeric rating ever could.

Change it back, don't change it back, it doesn't matter much - from now on, Zombies!!! is the game to say "Cancer sucks!"

If that isn't more awesome than being #1, I don't know what is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Military History buffMicrobadge: Wargamer of 40+ yearsMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: CaptainMicrobadge: Famous WWII units - 99th Infantry Division "Battle Babies/Checkerboard Division" (US)
My condolences, Kerry and family.

Footnote:
I lost my father to cancer, and my wife lost her dad to it as well, and now her mother has pancreatic cancer, with a very poor prognosis, so our family is well acquainted with this scourge. Hopefully someday we will beat it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^...^ ALIEN ^...^
United States
Mcqueeney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: At the Gates of Loyang fanMicrobadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Elfenroads fanMicrobadge: Nihilist
RIP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: X-Files fanMicrobadge: Anyone can be a werewolf!Microbadge: Iron MeepleMicrobadge: I'm a Geek And Proud of It!Microbadge: Expectant Alien Abductee
KerryB wrote:
On March 24th, I lost my best friend – the one I laughed with, lived for and loved.

Todd passed away Sunday morning after a more than heroic fight against the most aggressive cancer that these doctors have ever seen. He is now at peace and no longer in pain. He will be terribly missed.

This community did a more than great job showing your support and bringing smiles to Todd's face. For this, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

He was very proud of Zombies!!! It's not a game for everyone, but its a great game - one that was designed out of love for the genre and love for the industry. Hopefully, the game will stand the test of time and he will continue to touch people's lives.

A very sincere thank you for all of the well wishes, cards and support.

Kerry

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lozano
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Geekway to the West attendeeMicrobadge: Warhammer Underworlds: ShadespireMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Core Worlds fan
Im so sorry Kerry. Our (my family) hearts go out to you, and you will be in our prayers as well. Im glad we could give him some smiles and encouragement through this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royston McRoystonface
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
This is the Sun - Not an Orange.
Microbadge: Geist - An Interactive Geek Horror
Sorry for your loss Kerry

RIP Todd

And thankyou both for Zombies!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
blablabla
badge
lololo
Microbadge: Claustrophobia fanMicrobadge: Paths of Glory fanMicrobadge: Block WargamerMicrobadge: Casual wargamerMicrobadge: English is not my first language
My condolences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Huminski
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: Blue Peg Pink Peg - Pegs LogoMicrobadge: Philadelphia Eagles fanMicrobadge: Something Positive fanMicrobadge: Loves to cook
Kerry and family,

My deepest sympathies on your loss. I offer the following in the hopes that it may bring some measure of peace, however small, as it has done for my family over the years:

What is Dying, by Bishop Brent

A ship sails and I stand watching till she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says “She is gone”. Gone Where? Gone from my sight, that is all. She is just the same now as when last I saw her. Her diminished size and total loss from my sight is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says she is gone there are others who are watching her come over their horizon and other voices take up a glad shout “There she comes!” That is what dying is. A horizon and just the limit of our sight.

Lift us up, Oh Lord, that we may see further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: 20 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: My Favorite Contribution to BGG
Very sad news - Kerry, my thoughts and condolences go out to you and your family.

Thank you, Paul, for organizing the effort to raise awareness of Todd's situation. I thought the Zombies!!! campaign showed the BGG community at its best. I hope it raised a smile and gave Todd some comfort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Albuquerque
NM
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Android userMicrobadge: Red and White Ribbon (Lymphoma/Lymphadema Awareness)Microbadge: New Mexico State UniversityMicrobadge: Elder Sign Protected!Microbadge: Linux user
Our group has been playing Zombies!!! since it was released, and greatly appreciated both Todd and Kerry's numerous answers on the forums to rules questions throughout the years.

I have been amazed by the outpouring of support by the BGG community in support of Kerry and Todd, and to Kerry I send my condolences on your loss, and my thanks for many, many hours of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers National Champions 2018, 2016, 1981
Microbadge: Indianapolis Colts fanMicrobadge: D-FenceMicrobadge: Clemson UniversityMicrobadge: NFL fanMicrobadge: Football fan
My condolences to Kerry and the family and friends of Todd.

Cancer sucks.

Paul, thank you for leading this effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Microbadge: World in Flames fanMicrobadge: xkcd fanMicrobadge: 02022020 egdaborcimicrobadge 20200202Microbadge: Weird Al Yankovic fanMicrobadge: The sun doesn't want you to publish Katalyka, because it wants to be almost exactly LIKE Katalyka, but it keep it all a secret.
Courage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
Microbadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: "I hate it when Aztecs force themselves into your hotel room and make you try on belts."Microbadge: "Oh, yeah, feel real good about kicking a fish's butt. That's real nice."Microbadge: "Wow, this movie's really drawing me in… to a deep well of despair."
My heartfelt condolences for you and your family's loss, Kerry.

See you Space Cowboy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
Microbadge: Valley Games D-Day Dice Contest participantMicrobadge: D-Day Dice fanMicrobadge: D-Day Dice fanMicrobadge: D-Day Dice fanMicrobadge: Word Forge Games "D-Day Dice" Contest participant
My "10" is there to stay.

Kerry, know that you are not alone in your grief. It's sad that it took a tragedy to give Todd the recognition he deserved on BGG. We often forget, regardless of our personal opinions of their games, that most game designers/publishers do this out of love and enthusiasm. Todd had those qualities in spades.

Peace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Egan
United States
Fort Myers
FL - Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: "Apparently sarcasm hasn't hit the Old West yet."Microbadge: "I hate it when Aztecs force themselves into your hotel room and make you try on belts."Microbadge: "Wow, this movie's really drawing me in… to a deep well of despair."
Geosphere wrote:
jegan22280 wrote:
I feel the best way time to do this is on his birthday! Does anyone know when that is?
Just missed it.

March 3rd.
Bit of a double edged sword, that is. On the one side, we get the disappointment of missing the birthday this year, on the other we have planning time aplenty. I'm goint to go ahead and declare March 3, 2014 the first annual Todd Breitenstei Day. Anyone want to help me figure out what this looks like besides a bunch of gamers gathering together to play ZOMBIES!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amiral wrote:
My "10" is there to stay.

Kerry, know that you are not alone in your grief. It's sad that it took a tragedy to give Todd the recognition he deserved on BGG. We often forget, regardless of our personal opinions of their games, that most game designers/publishers do this out of love and enthusiasm. Todd had those qualities in spades.

Peace.
As is Mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Galati
United States
Manalapan
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The 7th Continent fanMicrobadge: Space Empires: 4X fanMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Firefly: The Game fanMicrobadge: Xia: Legends of a Drift System fan
Just knowing that all this was able to bring a smile to Todd and Kerry during thier struggle makes it all the worth while and makes me proud to be a member of the BGG comunity.

My 10 will stay to show that the rating is not just about the game but about the person behind it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonios Asikoglou
Greece
Patra
flag msg tools
badge
GOD OF WAR
Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Too Many Bones fanMicrobadge: Nemesis fanMicrobadge: Sword & Sorcery fanMicrobadge: Cloudspire fan
My condolences to Todd's Family!!!

REST IN PEACE TODD!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play dead CCGsMicrobadge: Doomtown: Reloaded fanMicrobadge: Avalon Hill Cup voterMicrobadge: Richthofen's War fanMicrobadge: One species to rule them all
I thought long and hard about this, and in the end decided that a man and his memory are in fact important. In the end it is only words in cyberspace, but my game comment, updated, will stand:

Quote:
Todd is gone, but his game remains.
This rating stands in testament to a great gamer and a good man.

Is Zombies!!! for you? Read the reviews posted here and decide for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander R. Nordgarden Rødner
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
Proud father of Sarah Arwen and Ruth Rose
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
Microbadge: Bachelor of ScienceMicrobadge: Open UniversityMicrobadge: Live long and prosper!Microbadge: Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy fanMicrobadge: D&D fan (5th edition)
I'll add my condolences, too. I'm so sorry for your loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  45 , 46 , 47 , 48 , 49  Next »  [49] |