Larry Tuxbury
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
SHAZAM!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd noticed that Alan Moon's suggested "second edition" rules didn't seem to be posted here. The Additional Rule was supposed to be one that didn't make it into the original rulebook, and the Rule Changes and Variant Rule were new:

Additional Rule

If all train spaces of a track type are full, the Track Cards of this track type are unplayable. A player may discard an unplayable Track Card at the start of his turn and draw a replacement (the unplayable card should be removed from the game).

Rule Changes

1. At the start of the game put 6 Stock Cards on the bottom of the deck. This means that the last Score Card cannot be one of the last six cards in the deck.

2. Deal 5 Stock Cards to each player at the start of the game instead of 4.

Variant Rule

Players may not draw a UP Stock Card. They must always draw one of the four face up Stock Cards or the top card from the deck. The only way to acquire a UP Stock Card is to trade one Stock Card in your hand for one UP Stock Card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i had always heard it was his suggestion to play with unlimited UP stock as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
i had always heard it was his suggestion to play with unlimited UP stock as well

Can you find that quote? It would be interesting if 100 % true!!

-Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that was just something i heard around bgg, but it was apparently in error because he later indicated that he doesn't play with unlimited UP himself.

he also said that he thinks people should play the game in whatever way makes them the happiest though, and sees rules as more of a guideline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok!
Thanks, Justin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.