Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought all the decks the other day but except for a trial game with some of the new decks, I'm still enjoying Hoax/Vulca a ton. Those two decks don't involve a lot of the more tricky mechanics so they play fairly simply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
As a filler game the only decks you should outright avoid are the Emissaries and Inquisitors decks - they are primarily used for deck augmentation and deck building.

Otherwise any of the other decks would be excellent additions. They all play pretty differently from one another and have at least one unique thing to offer. The Khind are my personal favorite, followed closely by the Pillar. But, really, any decks other than the E&I ones will do.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best for causual games are probably the Hoax and Vulca. Thats why they are the base set. The Mimix and Terrah are also farily straight forward. OTOH if you want more of a CCG feeling get the Flit and the Khind. Those two have the most special texts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bleasdale
United Kingdom
Windsor
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
The best for causual games are probably the Hoax and Vulca. Thats why they are the base set. The Mimix and Terrah are also farily straight forward. OTOH if you want more of a CCG feeling get the Flit and the Khind. Those two have the most special texts.

I think that the Aqua are probably more straight-forward than the Terrah, and they have a different feel to how to play them, which is nice. The Terrah and the Vulca feel somewhat similar to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Aqua need careful Hand management in order to get rid of uselss cards (those in the wrong element). This might be a problem for new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.