Europe Engulfed» Forums » Rules

Subject: Repulsing a beachhead in tournament 42 scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play book states that Axis plaiser is rewarded one VP for "Each Allied... beachhead that is Repulsed." Rulebook 7.22 saysthat the beachhhead is established after all initial combat AND counterattacks are concluded and there are surviving invaders still alive.

Three questions:
1. If Wallies amph.invade and survive the initial attack and Axis launches a SA Counterattack that eliminates the amph.invaders, there is no VP for the Axis because the beachhead wasn't in place?

2. Further if the Wallies invade a territory with a port (Trondheim) and gain control of it, they can immediately remove the beachhead (7.22). A successful Axis attack in the next turn that eliminates all Wallies from Norway wouldn't result in a VP either, is this correct?

3. Why is the word Repulsed spelled with a capital "R", can someone help me to find the definition somewhere in the rules/playbook?

(4. Why do small things like this bother me at all? Am I a Geek?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play book states that Axis player is rewarded one VP for "Each Allied... beachhead that is Repulsed." Rulebook 7.22 saysthat the beachhhead is established after all initial combat AND counterattacks are concluded and there are surviving invaders still alive.

Three questions:
1. If Wallies amph.invade and survive the initial attack and Axis launches a SA Counterattack that eliminates the amph.invaders, there is no VP for the Axis because the beachhead wasn't in place?

Incorrect - This is a repulsed beachhead.

2. Further if the Wallies invade a territory with a port (Trondheim) and gain control of it, they can immediately remove the beachhead (7.22). A successful Axis attack in the next turn that eliminates all Wallies from Norway wouldn't result in a VP either, is this correct?

Again, this is a repulsed Beachhead - perhaps repulsed invasion would have been a better term?

3. Why is the word Repulsed spelled with a capital "R", can someone help me to find the definition somewhere in the rules/playbook?

Sometimes I go a little crazy with the shift key and my corps of proofreaders didn't find this one to fix it - sorry!

(4. Why do small things like this bother me at all? Am I a Geek?)

Afraid I have no answer for this one ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK Rick, that seems logical but I just wanted to make sure.
So, we will play like this- Repelled amph.invasion is: If the Wallies try to amph.invade and all their invading units are elimininated or if they succed to place a beachhead but later the axis retake all Wallied territories that resulted from that specific invasion and are connected to a supply source. If several invasions connect, all interconnected territories must be retaken/put out of supply by the hun.
It gets complicated when trying to phrase it, I notice now.

Thanks very much for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.