Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone who's been playing this for longer than I have recommend what they think is the best scenario (official or from the FFG site) for an Overlord and 2 hero players? I've got a game tomorrow night and I want to use the most appropriate and fun scenario. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 1 is pretty good for 2 heroes honestly. Dungeon layout is pretty interesting with a good mix of monsters. Lot's of places for new spawns and regular portals for the heroes. I haven't won it yet with two players but I have opened the door to the last room. Scary stuff in there.

Also, I'm beginning to realize that the heroes you draw can make a big difference on success and perhaps enjoyment for both players and DM. So far, I've been doing blind draws of the heroes and have gotten a different mix each time. Some heroes and combinations of heroes may be stronger than others.

The overlord's disposition may matter as well. The overlord could be "unbiased" meaning they are just running the dungeon and not "trying to win". This type of DM would spread damage around and put traps in thematically appropriate places etc. Or the overlord could be playing to win, going after the weakest character relentlessly and dropping traps willy-nilly. The game would be totally different with the two different overlord types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.