Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Pardo
Spain
Madrid
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I have only played once the game but enjoy it very much it was a SU victory in turn 7 (but mostly thanks to very good rollings, won twice the olympic games, the korean and arab-israeli wars and the US played badly the scoring cards).

I have been watching in consim that many people complains the SU has a big advantage over the US, so I think about and came with a variant inspired in the Guerrilla game from AH.

All the goverment have changes, and that can change the way the pursue their goals and their international politics. Every turn after improving DEFCOM level and before dealing cards both players roll, if both roll the same every player switches sides (The US becomes the SU and viceversa).

This way both players have the chance to play both sides, also no player can downplay one side hoping to switch sides, because no one knows when the chance it´s going to happen, even it may not happen.

Another option it´s to use this variant for 4 player game there are two US and two SU players every new turn both player from the same side roll, whoever rolls higher it´s the player who control it´s side. (See this like elections and change from Democrats to Republicans in the US or Hard to Soft wing in the SU case)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan T
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those complaining about balance I would recommend starting the game with an auction where players can say i.e. "I can be US if i get 2 VPs from the start" etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good variant!

Alternatively, if you think the game is biased towards the Soviets, try giving the USA 5 Vps at the beginning of the game. The VPs disappear when the game ends (possibly causing the game not to end afterall if it ended by US autovictory).

This is almost the same thing as saying the Soviets need to get to -25 to win an autovictory.

If you think the game is biased towards the USA, give the Soviet player 5 Vps at the end of the game (This can cause the game not to end after all it ended by US Autovictory).

Obviously you can refine this by fiddling with the numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan T
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those complaining about balance won´t probably settle for a sharp number. I think the best way is to let them set the even-out-factor themselves. The auction variant just provides a structured way for them to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah- but of course my method can be readily turned into an auction method.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.