Subject: Allowed to talk about roles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Tholén
Sweden
Norsborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it allowed (or maybe even recomended) to talk about the roles and state (perhaps falsely) which role you have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go nuts. Run wild, run free. No one will believe you.

Just no showing people your card until you're dead.

--DHS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody is the deputy. At least when my group plays it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:

Except the sheriff, I assume...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ipreuss wrote:
Spielguy wrote:

Except the sheriff, I assume...

Even the sheriff is the deputy - it's like Werewolf, everyone's a villager, no one is a seer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this is funny. I thought you weren't supposed to tell anyone your role.

I've played this game a bunch, always with kids. I wonder if I'll change my approach? I don't know if the young kids would like the "lying" aspect of pretending to be someone else.

I've always played it that you had to pay close attention to who was doing what. If you're the sheriff, don't shoot someone that wasn't shooting you. Pay attention to who was protecting you, that kind of stuff.

So, it's interesting. One one side, I don't know if the kids (under 10) would appreciate and be able to handle the bluffing aspect. On the other hand, the kids often have a hard time keeping track of "who must be my enemy based on his actions". Perhaps table talk would help with that.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dsr15
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Most kids I know are aware of lying and practice their lying skills frequently. I would say they do this from speaking age up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the only rule is no showing your role untill you are dead. That rule is set in stone. As far as roles I think part of the game is to try to BS your way to the advantage. That said after a few games you learn to never listen to a thing anyone says as they are all deputies as someone stated.

The only voice you can listen to is actions, if you listen with your eyes and see what people do then you can cut threw all the chatter which is part of the fun.

As far as kids go I think they often have a better time bluffing as most adults assume kids can't do it well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.