Subject: A crushing defeat, and I deserved it rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
oskari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At my first convention this year, I started the day by playing a game of Railroad Dice 2 with my brother. Although he is a complete newbie in any kind of gaming, he grasped the rules easily.

Obviously, I didn't
I bought four "2" locomotives early on and when he bought the first "4" locomotive, every single one of my locomotives became obsolete. Since I had played the game before, I really had no excuse for this kind of excessive stupidity.

Soon I realized that I don't have enough money to buy the bigger locomotives I need. So, when there were no more locomotives left to buy, he ended up having one more of them than me.

As if this wasn't enough, I managed to place not one, but two orange dice next to my home station in a way that effectively blocked me from making any connections to his side of the board. Now this got me seriously thinking what the heck am I doing laugh

Somehow I did manage to reach the other side of the board later on but not nearly as quickly as needed. When the dice run out, ending the game, we both had connected all but one station. The scores were 151 to 99, in his favor.

There's really no way I can play worse in any game this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.